Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry should have been more specific, it’s a ssf system so i think the motherboard is a btx size or something.
Correct. If you want to use a new/different motherboard it requires a new case and PSU. They're hard to find and expensive but you could search Ebay for a Gigabyte Z77 mATX board. I would focus more on keeping the SFF and figure out solutions for the fan noise.

So the latest HP 8300 general graphics recommendation is:

If gaming is more important to you (Windows) then get the GTX 1050 Ti 4GB version.
If video editing is most important (macOS) and FCP X, then get the new AMD RX560. MSI LP version if you have the SFF case.
View attachment 319279

Just to clarify, the SFF can use a GTX 1050 TI? It doesn’t need to be a special low profile version or anything?

Just to clarify, the SFF can use a GTX 1050 TI? It doesn’t need to be a special low profile version or anything?

Nope. I believe it has to be the low profile version. If you have the CMT (mini tower) version than I think normal height video cards will fit.

Nope. I believe it has to be the low profile version. If you have the CMT (mini tower) version than I think normal height video cards will fit.

Sorry. I missed this note on the first page.

There are also low profile versions of the GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti available for the SFF 6300 and 8300 desktops.
The low profile cards from Amazon linked above will include the required low profile bracket for installation.

Native support is coming in 10.13.4. You can get it working now by enabling Radeon DeInit in config.plist or installing Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext.

This video shows how to modify config.plist to make RadeonDeInit = TRUE. Is that all I will need to do in High Sierra?

This video shows how to modify config.plist to make RadeonDeInit = TRUE. Is that all I will need to do in High Sierra?

I don't know which video you are referring to, but, yes, you can make RadeonDeInit=True OR install WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext. Choose one or the other, not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back