Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profiles need to contain your hardware before anyone can help you. See the rules section.

Go to:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details
Enter your CPU, Graphics and the model of HP desktop you have.
Sorry about that! Figured it out, I just re-downloaded the file from the app store and it seemed to of work. Everything's up and running it seems. What would be the best way to clone the drive in case a update breaks everything? Ideally something that can backup remotely?

Great guide. Bought an 6300 pro sff und an gtx 1050 ti. All working great. The only thing not showing correctly are the fan speeds; neither in Monity, nor in HWMonitor. Any idea? All other readouts like temperature and wattage are there.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-06 um 15.21.15.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-06 um 15.21.15.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hi trs96, I have a problem in load to the installer. The booting stuck on "System uptime in nanoseconds". I have attached the print screen. I have tried -v and -x. Please help.

I have an HP 8300 Elite. CPU is i5, RAM 4GB. I have updated the Bios to 2.99a. Created uniBeast USB and UEFI boot.

Attachments

• asset (1).JPG
    asset (1).JPG
    6 MB · Views: 116
Hi trs96, I have a problem in load to the installer. The booting stuck on "System uptime in nanoseconds". I have attached the print screen. I have tried -v and -x. Please help.

I have an HP 8300 Elite. CPU is i5, RAM 4GB. I have updated the Bios to 2.99a. Created uniBeast USB and UEFI boot.

Do you have Intel HD2500 graphics? If so it may not be supported and you may need a graphics card.

At the clover boot screen use your cursor arrows to go to "Options" tab and hit enter, then go to "Graphics" settings and check for Inject Intel and then try ig platform ID 0x01660002. Then go to "Binaries and set fake CPUID to 0x0206A0 then try booting with -v.

Do you have Intel HD2500 graphics? If so it may not be supported and you may need a graphics card.
@ysl888999
Yes a compatible graphics card is certainly needed as only HD4000 Ivy bridge chips will be fully supported. The guide clearly states to use a dedicated card if the CPU has HD2500 graphics. There are a a good number of low cost video card choices.

At the clover boot screen use your cursor arrows to go to "Options" tab and hit enter, then go to "Graphics" settings and check for Inject Intel and then try ig platform ID 0x01660002. Then go to "Binaries and set fake CPUID to 0x0206A0 then try booting with -v.

Thank you Gigamaxx, and trs96.

Has anyone done this? Could you report on whether you think its worth the time and expense?

I'm using a USB dongle for wifi (as noted elsewhere, yeah, its wifi, but not really enough throughput for say watching video off YouTube or downloading anything of any size) and another dongle for Bluetooth (sufficient to use a Magic Mouse or or the Apple TrackPad (which I really like). However I get glitches like for example: preferences window crashes out when using the BT mouse or TrackPad if I try to select mouse or TrackPad settings; annoying but not insurmountable. It mostly adds to a nagging feeling that something else critical won't work when I need it.

So if someone has installed the above referenced card(s), and you're still monitoring the thread, please share your comments on your perceived value from going down this path if you don't mind. Thanks!

Im successfully using this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broadcom-B...-PCi-Express-WiFi-Adapter-BT4-0-/302479497765

I am having a delay between BIOS screen and Clover GUI. I has not been like this and I cant recall any changes I have made.I installed latest version of Clover but has not made any change. It boots as fast as it has ever been after selection but initial screen comes up ls slower than before.It used to be a coupe of seconds. Any ideas ?!?

I am having a delay between BIOS screen and Clover GUI. ....

This sounds a lot like the "POST Delay" option in the HP's UEFI System Setup. It's under the "Advanced Options" menu. It can be set to off, 5 sec, 10 sec, and so on. I have mine set to 5 seconds to give me a better chance of hitting ESC or F10 at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back