Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCI-e x1 Wifi and BT Adapter for your HP 6300 / 8300 desktop

If you want both OOB Wifi and BT / Continuity and Handoff to work in your HP CustoMac:
I haven't placed this in post #1 in the mini buying guide because of the high cost of getting and using a genuine iMac wireless and BT card from OSX Wifi. These have native macOS support. No drivers to install.

The OSX Wifi version costs $135 currently and is the easiest way to make sure that everything will work, no matter which PCI-e slot you use, x16, x4 or a x1 slot. It is pre-assembled for you. Here is the link to that.

http://www.osxwifi.com/adapters/app...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh
Screen Shot 16.jpg

The Fenvi FV-T919 is back in stock

Screen Shot 9.jpg

These work as well as the above but require a x1 slot to work
They do not come with a low profile adapter for SFF models

The Ebay Seller, cityeliter has many of these in stock for around 51 USD !

FV-T919 Wifi and BT Card on Ebay

Link to the FV-T919 on Newegg

The Assemble Your Own Option
If you don't have that much money to spend you could buy the following adapter on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232604195708

This adapter will work in both the SFF HP model or in the MT (mini and micro tower versions). A Low Profile adapter is included in the box. These will only work in one of the x1 PCI-e slots on your motherboard. Do not use the x16 slot if that is open. These ship from California so you should get it faster than one coming from China if you live in the USA. Wifi/BT card sold separately.

Screen Shot 15.jpg

You must install your own, genuine Apple iMac BCM94360CD card that you purchase separately on Ebay. Prices range from 40 to 100 dollars currently. Most will be shipped to you from China. Be prepared to wait a few weeks. Then assemble it by attaching the antenna lead wires and also connect the included BT cable to one of the USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard.

Last edited:
Just had to come post a small update.

My server has been humming along since I migrated everything over to my i7 8300 SFF.

Because it is a desktop/server machine, I never have investigated Wifi for it. I don't have a real need or desire for continuity or handoff between this machine and my iOS devices, but I do occasionally sit down and work at this machine when doing development or server maintenance.

The other day I picked up a pair of AirPods and I've been enjoying them - especially the automatic pairing and easy switching among all of my iOS and real Mac devices - even tested them with my Apple TV last night.

I was just sitting here at my desk and thought I'd see how the AirPods would work with my 8300 server.

I popped my IOGear Bluetooth adapter (GBU521) in one of the front USB ports and without installing anything, macOS recognized it, and after a few seconds, sure enough, my AirPods appeared in the Sound menu as an output choice.

They worked perfectly.

Pretty awesome. I LOVE this HP 8300!

WIFI STUFF

Are any of these options for the USFF? I am looking for wifi connectivity. Also, can I setup OSX now and add the wifi later? Would it be automatically detected?

Thanks,​

Are any of these options for the USFF? I am looking for wifi connectivity. Also, can I setup OSX now and add the wifi later? Would it be automatically detected?

Thanks,​
I think that most of the USFF (USDT) owners use the mini-PCIe slot on the motherboard and connect antenna leads to it. You can't use either solution above which uses a larger PCI-e X1 slot, completely different.

If you don't want that onboard solution then just plug in the TP-Link USB adapter and install the driver for it. It's not fast but gives basic wireless connectivity.

The link to the TP-Link USB dongle is in the first post of this thread.

HP Z220 SFF Workstation
CPU: e3-1225 v2
Integrated HD4000
ram: 8gb DDR3-1600 ECC

I've followed the steps. checked off Inject Intel in the config.plist, but am having objects disappearing and reappearing, or application going black with spotify.
Any suggestions?

If any more information is required, please let me know

Last edited:
So I've launched into the Unibeast installer for High Sierra.

When I hit "Install MacOS" the continue button goes gray and nothing happens? I am using a 8300 USFF. I have upgraded to the latest bios recommended in the first page and confirmed the bios settings.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
HP Z220 SFF Workstation
CPU: e3-1225 v2

The E3-1225 Xeon does not have the same graphics (HD4000) as the i7-3770, that is likely why you have these issues.
Your Xeon has (P4000) integrated gfx.

Post either in HS desktop support or in a thread related to the Z220 SSF.

Last edited:
So I've launched into the Unibeast installer for High Sierra.

When I hit "Install MacOS" the continue button goes gray and nothing happens? I am using a 8300 USFF. I have upgraded to the latest bios recommended in the first page and confirmed the bios settings.

Any ideas?
Profiles need to contain your hardware before anyone can help you. See the rules section.

Go to:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details
Enter your CPU, Graphics and the model of HP desktop you have.

Please Help!

For months I was able to watch videos with 5.1 audio track downmixed on the tele.

But now, for no apparent reason, I'm only getting the L R channels and not centre, I can't hear anyone talk.

I have tried everything I can think of with regards to settings in mac os x and on the tele, so I beginning to suspect I have a hackingtosh bug

NVIDIA driver is up to date and I have tried different HDMI cables
HP8300>Sierra>VLC>NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB>hdmi>SAMSUNG TV
Your ideas would be most appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
PCI-e x1 Wifi and BT Adapter for your HP 6300 / 8300 desktop

If you want both OOB Wifi and BT / Continuity and Handoff to work in your HP CustoMac:
I haven't placed this in post #1 in the mini buying guide because of the cost and complexity of getting and using a genuine iMac wireless and BT card with the correct adapter. These have native macOS support. No drivers to install.

< rest of post snipped>
Has anyone done this? Could you report on whether you think its worth the time and expense?

I'm using a USB dongle for wifi (as noted elsewhere, yeah, its wifi, but not really enough throughput for say watching video off YouTube or downloading anything of any size) and another dongle for Bluetooth (sufficient to use a Magic Mouse or or the Apple TrackPad (which I really like). However I get glitches like for example: preferences window crashes out when using the BT mouse or TrackPad if I try to select mouse or TrackPad settings; annoying but not insurmountable. It mostly adds to a nagging feeling that something else critical won't work when I need it.

So if someone has installed the above referenced card(s), and you're still monitoring the thread, please share your comments on your perceived value from going down this path if you don't mind. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back