Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
for some reason my USB drive gets identified as "legacy" but not as a UEFI.

I have tried using different ports, and double checked BIOS settings... I have also tried using two different USB drives. Result is the same -- it shows up as a legacy source (and wont boot from it).

I would really appreciate your ideas.

The 1030 only has 2GB of Vram so that gets used up pretty fast with a 4K monitor. Your best bet would be 1050 Ti with 4GB to use for video editing. Look at the Nvidia website for how to enable CUDA for your system.
Thanks for confirming. Any reason I should be leary of the MSI version of the GTX 1050 as its not one of the recommended cards?

Hi all,
for some reason my USB drive gets identified as "legacy" but not as a UEFI.

I have tried using different ports, and double checked BIOS settings... I have also tried using two different USB drives. Result is the same -- it shows up as a legacy source (and wont boot from it).

I would really appreciate your ideas.
Post a picture of what your BIOS boot menu looks like with the USB drive inserted.

Post a picture of what your BIOS boot menu looks like with the USB drive inserted.

This is what the menu looks like with "legacy" mode enabled...
I have updated bios to the latest version, there were no errors while I was creating bootable flash drive :\

Attachments

• photo5188290326173952424.jpg
    photo5188290326173952424.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 110
  • photo5188290326173952423.jpg
    photo5188290326173952423.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
This is what the menu looks like with "legacy" mode enabled...
I have updated bios to the latest version, there were no errors while I was creating bootable flash drive :\

Fill out your hardware specs in your profile. Graphics, CPU and HP desktop version.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details

If you created your USB installer correctly you should see the option to boot UEFI from it. So if you selected this in Unibeast:

Screen Shot 6.jpg

and it still doesn't show up as UEFI then you must have made a mistake in Disk Utility when formatting and partitioning the USB.
Here is how it should look when you first erase the USB before running the Unibeast app. Make sure the View is correct. Under External you should highlight the whole USB drive (Sandisk Cruzer Glide) in this example, not the first slice (Sandisk), select macOS Ext. Journaled and GUID partition map then click erase.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have one to test with. From what I've read from gigamaxx and others it's as close to native support as you'll get with this Gigabyte version of the RX560. The 10.13.4 beta supposedly has full OOB support.
Thanks - think I will wait till 10.13.4 is out and a bit more testing has been done.

Is there no way to get wifi on the 8300 USFF ? I didn't see it in the first post.. looks like a PCI-E which isn't on the USFF model.

Is there no way to get wifi on the 8300 USFF ? I didn't see it in the first post.. looks like a PCI-E which isn't on the USFF model.
There is a mini-pci e slot on the USFF which should work. I've got an adaptor and a bluetooth/wifi card and antennas on the way, all from different vendors. Will aim to update when it has all arrived and been tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back