Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having mini PCI-e for Wi-Fi doesn't make it laptop like. My latest desktop build has an M.2 slot for Wi-Fi/Bluetooth just like how many laptops do...

Having MXM in place of PCI-e for graphics is just for space savings. iMacs used MXM in the past...

SO-DIMM were used in iMacs too and, again, just a space saving measure.

mSATA are, again, just space saving measures. If I got a bunch of SATA to mSATA adapters to use in my 8300, it wouldn't make it any more laptop like.

The USDT still uses desktop class CPUs and chipset. By comparison, Intel NUCs and Mac Minis used mobile class CPUs and chipsets and were truly built more like laptops without displays than desktops.

You are pointing out the convergence between the two worlds, and agreeing that the debate between these two definitions are meaningless. :)

What I would like to share is that the USDT uses components not found in its bigger siblings, and the laptop resource available on this website can be very helpful when working with this particular form factor.

The following is slightly off topic but still relevant to this HP discussion.

If Apple were to license macOS to any PC manufacturer, HP would be the best choice to sell the PCs and laptops they make with macOS preinstalled. Whether they will ever be allowed to do that remains to be seen. The blunt way Mike Dell disrespected the company back in 1997, it's pretty much a given that they will never partner with Dell in this respect.

That's a good point. I first noticed the Mac-comparability of HP laptops when I was looking for Hackintosh MacBook Air. Your thread shows that it is even easier to do the same on the HP desktops.

With the iPhone being Apple's cash cow it won't happen any time soon. It could bring many more into the Apple ecosystem, using Apple services and buying the higher priced software sold only in the Mac App Store. HP customers could then run Logic Pro and Final Cut Pro on HP desktops and laptops, but because Apple is now the 800 pound gorilla in the room, instead of Microsoft, why bother ?

Look at the two big arenas: iPhone vs. Android and Mac vs. PC. Apple competes with proprietary hardware, and its opponents with open software. If that really happens, it will be so un-Apple-like behavior.

Look at the two big arenas: iPhone vs. Android and Mac vs. PC. Apple competes with proprietary hardware, and its opponents with open software. If that really happens, it will be so un-Apple-like behavior.
Exactly, Steve jobs set a precedent by closing down all the "Mac Clone" companies in the latter 1990s. Apple tends to stay with the corporate philsophy that he installed while the CEO. The point I was making is that with the huge year over year growth in the Services division, their bottom line would be greatly enhanced by expanding their approach and letting HP produce high quality HP-Macs that would reach a much larger audience.

Even if Apple simply had HP build these Macs for them and sold them through their normal retail outlets, they would be supporting many more American workers at another silicon valley company than they currently do while contracting mostly with Foxconn. By expanding greatly the macOS user base they can ensure their long term top position in the tech world. Maybe this will happen a few CEOs down the line from Tim Cook.

I know that the average tech consumer will never fully understand and be willing to climb the hackintosh learning curve to do what we are teaching here. They want something that works completely OOB. Just plug it in and create the user account. Now, if Apple would only listen to me and take my advice they could become the 1,600 pound gorilla of the corporate world. LOL.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I am a Noob, and attempting to build my first hackintosh. I have built pc's before, but never a Hackintosh machine.

I recently purchased a HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT, with 16 GB RAM, Zotac Nvidia geforce GT 710,Samsung 500 SSD and a TP Link N900 Wifi Card.

I followed the detailed guide ( A Complete Ten Step macOS Sierra Guide for the HP 6300 Pro/8300 Elite) here and have configured the bios:

upgraded the BIOS to v03.04,
Restored Factory Defaults
Disabled the Serial Port
Secure Boot Disabled
Storage> SATA Emulation = AHCI
Video Option ROM >UEFI Only
Turbo = Enabled
Multi-Processor = Enabled
Hyperthreading = Enabled

When I boot up and hit F9, the UEFI USB drive and the SSD are not visable in UEFI Boot Resources.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

For anyone using or planning to buy a Sabrent USB sound adapter. Have a look at this video by a podcasting audio gear reviewer.
It seems that this issue in the newer models of the Sabrent affects the mic input and not audio output. The majority of people will use these for audio output so if you already bought one just keep it. If you've yet to buy one go with the Syba branded adapter and your condenser mic volume should be fine. Another option is to go with this ugreen adapter which costs a little more but uses the c-media sound chip.

Last edited:
upgraded the BIOS to v03.04,
Restored Factory Defaults
Disabled the Serial Port
Secure Boot Disabled
Storage> SATA Emulation = AHCI
Video Option ROM >UEFI Only
Turbo = Enabled
Multi-Processor = Enabled
Hyperthreading = Enabled

Just to make sure, go back to the storage options tab in the BIOS. Make sure that Removable media boot is enabled. It's possible you could have disabled it by mistake. I would also leave the Video Option ROM set to legacy until you get through the install. If you are not using a USB 2.0 drive and port then it would be best to use both of those.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times. I have read many pages but I have not found the answer. I want to purchase the best video card for the HP 8300 Elite Mini-Tower. I find multiple version of the GTX 1050 Ti 4gb card and I don't want to get the wrong chipset or something else that messes me up. Will someone please respond with a link or model number for the full sized GTX 1050 Ti 4gb that is recommended for this project.

Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times. I have read many pages but I have not found the answer. I want to purchase the best video card for the HP 8300 Elite Mini-Tower. I find multiple version of the GTX 1050 Ti 4gb card and I don't want to get the wrong chipset or something else that messes me up. Will someone please respond with a link or model number for the full sized GTX 1050 Ti 4gb that is recommended for this project.

Thanks

I've got one of these and it's very good. One of the lower prices too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M25X363/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125915&cm_re=1050_Ti_4GB-_-14-125-915-_-Product

Evening -
I have finished my First HackinTosh install for the HP Elite 8300 i7 3700 | MSI GTX 1050 ti |8GB GSkill Ram
I was only able to do this, thanks to the Amazing Guide in this POST -
I am however left with a few annoying issues.

Nvidia Web-Drivers will not load. Keep getting this error message
Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 11.29.11 PM.png

2. Seems the Ethernet on on this Mac OS install is running half the speed then when WIN 10 was on it.

I am at a lost, basically cause I am at a point that I don't know what I don't know right now. I have always been a MAC retail customer and have boughten at least a dozen personal Apple Mac Books Pro and Mac Pros over the best 10 years... I am very eager to having the ability to build my own upgraded versions.

I followed the Steps laid out in the beginning of this post.

12/17/18 - Update -
Did the security patch for 10.12.6 and then tried to reinstall the WebDriver 378.05.05.25f04 installed and works.

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 11.07.59 AM.png

Now moving onto the Eth0 issue and now running at full speed.

Last edited:
Nvidia Web-Drivers will not load. Keep getting this error message
There are three different versions of the Nvidia driver for Sierra. Looks like you chose the wrong one.
First remove the versions (wrong ones) you have installed
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-uninstall-nvidia-web-driver.187499/#post-1213438

Find out your build number and then get the right driver.
Open up About This Mac:
  1. Click where it says 10.12.5 or 10.12.6, etc.
  2. This will display your build number
  3. Download the right driver for your build
Go to downloads.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/ and find the right one for your build of macOS Sierra.

If you installed the correct ethernet kext with Multibeast, InelMausiEthernet, it should provide full speed internet. Check that you installed the newest Intel Mausi kext too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back