Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry one question
any of you know how to transfer all mail from sierra to high sierra?
I tried to copy the mail folder but does not put it as originally but it does not matter with the same organization of the original :banghead:

Hi Guys, First attempt !, using elite 8300 USDT, swapped the CPU for i3-3225 with integrated hd4000.
using clover, managed to get everything else working except hd4000
when using inject intel in clover it fails to boot
any suggestions..thank you

I didn't use the "unibeast/multibeast" approach, because the USDT is built more like a laptop instead of a desktop. To get HD4000 working, I need to choose the proper "ig-platform-id" in the clover config.plist file:

Please refer to rehabman's guide on the config.plist section: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Common ig-platform-ids:

0x01660003: HD4000 1366x768
0x01660004: HD4000 1600x900, 1920x1080
0x01660008, 0x01660009: HD4000 1600x900, 1920x1080

I used 0x01660009, if I remember correctly

Everything on both of my 8300s with 10.12.6 work, EXCEPT on occasion that when the computer wakes up, it cannot connect to the internet. If I try to open the wireless up on the top bar, I get the spinning beach ball - then I have to restart and it works flawless again.

Here is the USB adapter that I am using:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G8IPLD8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I was going to try this card, which states that it works to Hackintosh systems:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IVIHPBY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Any ideas on why it won't connect to the internet on occasion when it wakes up?

Try disabling Wake for WiFi access in Energy Saver preferences. I was having the same issue and that fixed it for me.

Hi,
I searched the post and see some conflicting info so just thought i would ask. If I upgraded to High Sierra can I just follow the upgrade guide on here or are there any gotcha's. 10.12.6 is running perfectly. I may just image the drive and give it a go. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

Try disabling Wake for WiFi access in Energy Saver preferences. I was having the same issue and that fixed it for me.

UGH! I read the instructions wrong, which even included a screen shot! Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 12.02.04 PM.png

Hi,
I searched the post and see some conflicting info so just thought i would ask. If I upgraded to High Sierra can I just follow the upgrade guide on here or are there any gotcha's. 10.12.6 is running perfectly. I may just image the drive and give it a go. Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

Yes, make a Sierra bootable backup first before you attempt HS. You can follow the general upgrade directions on this site. If you have an SSD and a Pascal based graphics card then there are more considerations. Going with APFS or not is the main one. The install of the Nvidia drivers for Pascal cards is also slightly different. Do your homework first before trying this. These HP IB series desktops should be as compatible with HS as with Sierra though it's still a ways to go before HS is a finished project. So if Sierra works perfectly now I wouldn't be in any hurry to upgrade to 10.13.2 unless there is some important reason you need High Sierra installed now.

these devices are dead simple to run MacOS on using the TonyMac toolset.
When I started 6 years ago in December 2011 I had no idea if this would work. I had read stories online about "Frankenmacs" that were really difficult to configure and that were likely never going to work well without constant hassles, kernel panics and reinstalls of the OS. It didn't stop me from giving hackintoshing a try. I needed a new Mac that could do basic 1080p video editing which my Mac Mini choked on. My G4 based Mini was maxed out hardware wise, couldn't even be updated to Snow Leopard because it was not Intel based. The iMac was much too expensive and the Macbook screen way too small for my needs. Then as now there was a huge gap in the Mac desktop offerings from Apple. They had completely abandoned the mATX form factor by 2011, a Mac Pro was much more horsepower than I needed and also too high priced. See: The Mythical Mac Minitower So I built the tonymacx86 recommend mATX system with the Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard, 8 GB of ram and a 64GB Crucial SSD for the boot drive. The install went very smoothly and uneventfully. I used a custom DSDT for my motherboard and Unibeast and Multibeast, following the guides on this site. I was simply amazed how easy it was and how much faster this new build (my first ever) was than any Mac I had ever used since 2005. It was a real revelation.

The reason I wrote this guide for newbies was that I wanted everyone else that is new to hackintoshing to have a similar, successful first time experience like I did. This HP CustoMac build is even easier to set up and costs less than what I built from component parts back in 2011. Today prices of new hardware have gotten excessively high (i.e. ram, CPU and motherboard prices) The install guides now are much longer and the complexity added by the use of Clover and UEFI booting, mapping out USB ports and creating custom SSDTs has really increased the learning curve for newcomers.

I'm not saying you shouldn't build your own CustoMac from new parts as that is an incredibly valuable experience to have. I'm offering this alternative if you're not quite ready to build a Core i7 $1400 dream system for your first one. I've presented this option to help people get started with a simple to configure PC-Mac that can run the latest version of macOS. It requires a very small investment of time and money to get a fully working CustoMac that can do almost anything that you'll need it to. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this undertaking and made this a success.

Last edited:
Yes, make a Sierra bootable backup first before you attempt HS. You can follow the general upgrade directions on this site. If you have an SSD and a Pascal based graphics card then there are more considerations. Going with APFS or not is the main one. The install of the Nvidia drivers for Pascal cards is also slightly different. Do your homework first before trying this. These HP IB series desktops should be as compatible with HS as with Sierra though it's still a ways to go before HS is a finished project. So if Sierra works perfectly now I wouldn't be in any hurry to upgrade to 10.13.2 unless there is some important reason you need High Sierra installed now.

Sounds like I need to keep my OCD in check and just stay with Sierra until HS becomes a bit more baked. I will wait a few more months and see how things progress. Im using this 8300 as my 3rd Hackintosh, my first built in 2010. While I enjoyed building systems, Im too busy these days with 3 kids and figured for under $400 this would quick and easy. Other than having a bad boot USB, it was pretty flawless and the system has been rock solid so far. Not a single crash or panic. Thanks again for this great guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back