Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appologies i meant

Compaq 6300 SFF
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
I5-3470

I can boot into recovery ok , i tired -v but it also switches off after trying to boot for a little while . The progress bar gets alm,ost to the end.

If i use -x then it goes to a no entry sign, if i use -v last time i got

PowerOFF still waiting on IOUSBHostDevice

If i use -x then it goes to a no entry sign, if i use -v last time i got

PowerOFF still waiting on IOUSBHostDevice
Try a different monitor/tv that has an HDMI input and see if it boots.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest you remake the Unibeast installer and then reinstall macOS Sierra from the App Store. With your hardware it has to work when you follow the guide exactly as it's presented. This has been confirmed by hundreds of others with the same hardware.

Last edited:
I tried another monitor HDMI and same problem , so i remade the INstaller USB with unibeast and did a total reinstall and it worked im in. Thanks a lot for the tips but the boot usb must have not made correctly.

I haven't tried one of these, only DP to HDMI. Looks like they cost more than your standard cables that do 1080p. Over 40 dollars as opposed to about $7.95. A USB port is required for power.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XYBA72/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Found the Dell BizLink adaptor from ebay, with a more affordable price (New-Dell-BizLink-Display-Port-to-DVI-D-Dual-Link-Adapter-USB-powered). Just confirm that it works, and powering my QNIX 2560x1440 monitor without problems.

HI, this guide worked great for me. I just had to do more search to fix Windows 10 dual boot (uefi on separate disk). Dual boot was ok, but computer was booting on Windows each time I booted on Windows.
I finaly find how to force boot to clover with that command (on windows , terminal as admin)
bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI

Thanks skinsoccer - that was the last piece of the puzzle. I sort of knew what was wrong but couldn't work out how to fix it and attempted to fiddle with the EFI boot settings in UEFI using "bcfg boot" and the easyUEFI program (which is too crippled in the free version to be any use here) and had given up on fixing it and instead just used a Multibeast USB with the config.plist copied over from the real drive but Im pleased to now have a properly working dual booting High Sierra (WITHOUT AFS) / Windows 10 System.

I have not taken notes but I managed to get Dual booting on a single drive by following a combination of this Guide by TRS96 for all maters relating to setting up the HP machine and the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/ for disk preparation/formatting/Windows install: And https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/ to avoid APFS.

Follow TRS96's guide to prepare machine/BIOS/UEFI and USB,
Ignore all the instructions re Machine setup/BIOS/UEFI settings in the Multibooting thread (not wrong, just less specific)
Follow Multibooting guide to;
  • format drives,
  • do the initial install of OSX amended by the instructions in the avoid APFS thread,
  • install Windows,
  • You should NOT rename the Windows Boot manager: instead ignore that instruction and
Install Multibeast/Clover according to the instructions in TRS96's guide, then

reboot WITH Unibeast USB and you should see that Clover gives you the options to boot Windows EFI or Mac - if those choices are there, then it all seems to have worked and you and you should shutdown without going into either option and reboot WITHOUT the USB which will take you directly into Windows without ever showing Clover at all.
  • Once in Windows run CMD as Administrator and paste in and run
  • and on the next reboot you should see Clover and options to boot into either OS.

Last edited:
Just got mine working real nice, i had a copuleof little things and just a couple of questions if anyones got time.

1st problem was install kept crashing but remade my usbinstaller and everything went fine
2nd Just found that faterediting the clover and installing kexts i had to reinstall nvdia drivers again but im supposing this is normal.

I just have a problem that the wifi dongle doesntwork i bought the
TP-Link N150 Wireless Nano USB Adapter (TL-WN725N)
it works fine on windows but not on the hackintosh i bought it in China so maybe it slightly different or even fake? DUnno if anyone has got this dongle working. I have just seen a link in another thread for a driver so i will try when i get home , here is the driver link.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WN725N_V2.html#Driver

This driver didnt help i just get a no wireless nic plug in next to the icon, in system report i get

802.11 n WLAN:

Product ID: 0x7601
Vendor ID: 0x148f
Version: 0.00
Serial Number: 1.0
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: MediaTek
Location ID: 0x1a110000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 160
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

UPDATE : tried the driver and dongle on my macbookpro and it does not get recognized either so i am going to assume that the one i got in China isnt the same or fake and try another model.

SOLVED: I took in my my macbookpro to computer to store to try another dongle and the first one i tried worked with driver installed from above link . So i bought it and took it home and now have wifi :) I got the

TP-Link TL-WN821N 300M

Do i need to install cuda drivers for my Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB?

My set up:
HP 6300 SFF (Small Form Factor)
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Kingston 240 gb ssd
16 gb ram
I5-3470

Thank you so much for this excellant tutorial it is much appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks skinsoccer - that was the last piece of the puzzle. I sort of knew what was wrong but couldn't work out how to fix it and attempted to fiddle with the EFI boot settings in UEFI using "bcfg boot" and the easyUEFI program (which is too crippled in the free version to be any use here) and had given up on fixing it and instead just used a Multibeast USB with the config.plist copied over from the real drive but Im pleased to now have a properly working dual booting High Sierra (WITHOUT AFS) / Windows 10 System.

I have not taken notes so what follows may be inaccurate but I managed to get Dual booting on a single drive by following the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/ - up to BUT EXCLUDING - "Now, to make everything work right, shutdown Ubuntu, insert the OS X USB installer again and boot to OS X desktop. Mount the EFI partition and rename the Windows boot manager file:"
REPEAT - You should NOT rename the Windows Boot manager: instead ignore that instruction but carry on and install Multibeast/Clover according to the instructions in this thread.
Ignore all the instructions re BIOS/UEFI settings in the Multibooting thread.
Then reboot WITH Unibeast USB and you should see that Clover gives you the options to boot Windows EFI or Mac - if those choices are there, then it all seems to have worked and you and you should shutdown without going into either option and reboot WITHOUT the USB which will take you directly into Windows without ever showing Clover at all.
Once in Windows run CMD as Administrator and paste in and run
and on the next reboot you should see Clover and options to boot into either OS.

Same for me, have been trying to get dual boot to work on the same disk. After Windows 10 was installed, it would always boot into windows, no matter what I did with the Clover Bootloader. Thanks to skinsoccer's info, dual boot on the same SSD drive is working properly now.

Just got mine working real nice, i had a copuleof little things and just a couple of questions if anyones got time.

1st problem was install kept crashing but remade my usbinstaller and everything went fine
2nd Just found that faterediting the clover and installing kexts i had to reinstall nvdia drivers again but im supposing this is normal.

I just have a problem that the wifi dongle doesntwork i bought the
TP-Link N150 Wireless Nano USB Adapter (TL-WN725N)
it works fine on windows but not on the hackintosh i bought it in China so maybe it slightly different or even fake? DUnno if anyone has got this dongle working. I have just seen a link in another thread for a driver so i will try when i get home , here is the driver link.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WN725N_V2.html#Driver

This driver didnt help i just get a no wireless nic plug in next to the icon, in system report i get

802.11 n WLAN:

Product ID: 0x7601
Vendor ID: 0x148f
Version: 0.00
Serial Number: 1.0
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: MediaTek
Location ID: 0x1a110000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 160
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

UPDATE : tried the driver and dongle on my macbookpro and it does not get recognized either so i am going to assume that the one i got in China isnt the same or fake and try another model.

SOLVED: I took in my my macbookpro to computer to store to try another dongle and the first one i tried worked with driver installed from above link . So i bought it and took it home and now have wifi.

Glad to hear you've got it working. When buying any wifi adapter it's best to buy it from a vendor in the same country that you live in. The Chinese dongle that you bought may not work because it's fake but it's more likely that it doesn't use the same frequency that matches wifi specs in your country. So if you live in Europe buy from the Amazon site or Ebay in or nearest your country to make sure it meets your country's requirements for wifi. Same for the USA. Buy the TP-link from Amazon.com or Ebay.com and use a US Seller. I've had the WN725n model working great with Sierra for over 2 months now with just the driver from TP-Link installed.

I have not taken notes but I managed to get Dual booting on a single drive by following a combination of this Guide by TRS96 for all maters relating to setting up the HP machine and the guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/ for disk preparation/formatting/Windows install: And https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/ to avoid APFS.

Follow TRS96's guide to prepare machine/BIOS/UEFI and USB,
Ignore all the instructions re Machine setup/BIOS/UEFI settings in the Multibooting thread (not wrong, just less specific)
Follow Multibooting guide to;
  • format drives,
  • do the initial install of OSX amended by the instructions in the avoid APFS thread,
  • install Windows,
  • You should NOT rename the Windows Boot manager: instead ignore that instruction and
Install Multibeast/Clover according to the instructions in TRS96's guide, then

reboot WITH Unibeast USB and you should see that Clover gives you the options to boot Windows EFI or Mac - if those choices are there, then it all seems to have worked and you and you should shutdown without going into either option and reboot WITHOUT the USB which will take you directly into Windows without ever showing Clover at all.
  • Once in Windows run CMD as Administrator and paste in and run
  • and on the next reboot you should see Clover and options to boot into either OS.
Thanks for sharing your results. I'll try and test this out on my HP 6300 once I get home from my travels in a few more days. Then I'll make a few amendments to the main guide for those dual booting with Windows. When I have to use Windows for some reason, I just fire up my old Dell Vostro with Windows 7 on it. Still runs great. It's old but could even support Windows 10. Don't see any need to do that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back