Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone
(sorry for my English)
I came into possession of an HP 8300 ssf Intel® Core ™ i5-3570S, an Msi GeForce GT710 2GD3H LP video card.
I wanted to ask you if I could follow the guide
(HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - 100 percent Working)
because I've seen it requires an i5-3470S,
and therefore a different gpu.
and if kindly some of you had the proper DSDT
for this model.
I thank you in advance
Whether you have the i5-3570s or the i5-3470 makes no difference in the install of macOS. You would only need a different SSDT for power management for the i5-3570S. The guide gives you links to learn how to create your own SSDT for CPU power mgt.

Last edited:
HI, this guide worked great for me. I just had to do more search to fix Windows 10 dual boot (uefi on separate disk). Dual boot was ok, but computer was booting on Windows each time I booted on Windows.
I finaly find how to force boot to clover with that command (on windows , terminal as admin)
bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI

I had to do that, because on that HP, there is no UEFI custom boot entries, it's not really full UEFI but Intel EFI compliant, still BIOS look menu. It seems, under UEFI boot only 1 boot is possible for HDD. On Boot order it didn't put both disks.
Since these HP desktops were manufactured in late 2012, they didn't receive a complete version of UEFI with a custom boot entries option as it was just starting to be implemented by the various motherboard manufacturers back then. That it allows us to boot Sierra UEFI is a big plus for HP 8300 owners.

Your research on dual booting explains why some have been having trouble setting up a dual boot system that uses the Clover Boot Mgr. I don't use Windows at all on my HP 6300 MT so I've not attempted a dual boot set up.

If you'd like to write up a step by step description of what you did (screenshots too) please post in the Multi Booting section of the forum https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153/ and I will link to it from this guide. Thanks.

I believe that many will want to dual boot with Windows for gaming or other purposes on their HP 6300/8300 CustoMac.

Last edited:
Thanks for excellent guide! Everything work perfectly. HP 8300 microtower.
Congratulations on your success ! Enjoy your new CustoMac.

Folks
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/intelmanageabilityissue.html#Desktop_Workstations
search for your model # to see if you are affected by this issue

There's no need to search. Every version of the 6300 Pro or 8300 Elite is affected. Every version of Windows from XP through Windows 10 is affected. The odds of some hacker remotely controlling your HP PC due to this are slim to none. If all you are using Windows for in your dual boot system is gaming then you don't even need to apply the patch to the firmware on your system.

Still if you want to fix the vulnerabiltity in the Intel ME firmware you can do that. The .EXE file is attached below. (sp80102.exe)

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Attachments

• sp80102.exe.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Hi , i have installedeSierra and when i boot from the USB and select my install i get the apple logo it starts to boot then switches off.

Compaq 3000 SFF
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
I5-3470

I am using the graphics card via DVI is this a problem? Any help appreciated

Hi , i have installedeSierra and when i boot from the USB and select my install i get the apple logo it starts to boot then switches off.

Compaq 3000 SFF
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
I5-3470
There is a problem with the specs you've listed. The i5-3470 cannot possibly work in a 3000 SFF. Wrong chipset/socket altogether.

Screen_Shot_10.jpg

Compaq 3000 SFF
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
I5-3470

I am using the graphics card via DVI is this a problem? Any help appreciated

Appologies i meant

Compaq 6300 SFF
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
I5-3470

I can boot into recovery ok , i tired -v but it also switches off after trying to boot for a little while . The progress bar gets alm,ost to the end.

Appologies i meant 6300 sff
Have you tried any other boot flags yet ? Booting verbose to see where it panics ? Post a picture of where it kernel panics. Try adding the -x flag which is safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back