Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 1st post :)
Thank you trs96 for the exemplary guide.
Elite 8300 Mini-Tower i3770 16Gb ram 120Gb SSD up and running Sierra with HD4000 graphics. Dual boot separate 1Tb HDD with Win 10.
Only glitch really was using my High Sierra Mac mini to format the usb stick. Disc utility is hamstrung in that os! despite selecting MacOS extended Journaled it was still a windows partition map. Mountain lion on my old iMac Core2duo to the rescue. GUID and all good from there on but took a few goes to suss out the problem.
Had been considering a Hackintosh for some time and this looks like being the best bang for my pound. Thanks again to everyone involved with Unibeast, Multibeast, Kextbeast and Clover. Good job you all. Not forgetting Andy who really did all the work for me!

eBay £180 for the computer with i3770, 8Gb RAM and 1Tb Win 10 HDD. £120 Crucial 120Gb SSD and 8 Gb RAM an SSD to 3.5" bay converter, the DP to HDMI lead and a bluetooth usb dongle <£25

Last edited:
Hey guys, this is my first post too. First, I want to say Thank you guys for all your work. The community is amazing and helpful

I just received my 8300 SFF with i5-3470 for 150$. I expect a Gt1030 and a 120GB SSD next Monday. This is my first Hackintosh and my first time on OS X lol.

I don't know which WiFi card to choose yet, a Bluetooth / WiFi card would be great but it's a small budget configuration so I don't want to put a lot of money into it. I heard about Fenvi, Tp-link and custom "real" airport card.

I'm not afraid about buying an adapter from China for the airport card, but the shipping will take 1 month and I don't want to wait :lol:
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B0721JZZJM/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

Wifi 2.4&5ghz, bluetooth, Low profile bracket included, I think it's good ? In comments they say it works out of the box.

Last edited:
I'm not afraid about buying an adapter from China for the airport card, but the shipping will take 1 month and I don't want to wait :lol:

Wifi 2.4&5ghz, bluetooth, Low profile bracket included, I think it's good ? In comments they say it's work out of the box.
Support Module windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1, windows 10, linux (no where does it say it supports macOS) The review refers to a different model, the FV-T919
Screen_Shot_4.jpg

That card you linked to will not work with macOS. Here's one that most people use. You will need a low profile bracket for SFF PC.
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

Last edited:
Hey guys, this is my first post too. First, I want to say Thank you guys for all your work. The community is amazing and helpful

I just received my 8300 SFF with i5-3470 for 150$. I expect a Gt1030 and a 120GB SSD next Monday. This is my first Hackintosh and my first time on OS X lol.

I don't know which WiFi card to choose yet, a Bluetooth / WiFi card would be great but it's a small budget configuration so I don't want to put a lot of money into it. I heard about Fenvi, Tp-link and custom "real" airport card.

Wifi 2.4&5ghz, bluetooth, Low profile bracket included, I think it's good ? In comments they say it works out of the box.

not sure if this is available in your location, but just wanted to share what I found. I've read in some posts that BCM4352 would work so I ordered this. will take about 3 weeks to arrive though. I will update if I managed to make this work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-Mini-BCM4352-867Mbps-Bluetooth-BT-4-0-802-11AC-BGN-Desktop-PCI-E-Adapter/361906590542?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

BCM4352 comes in two forms - m.2 and mini PCIe. I already tried the m.2 in my skylake hack and thanks to the posts, I made it work. what I ordered is the mini pcie version.

Support Module windows 7, windows 8, windows 8.1, windows 10, linux (no where does it say it supports macOS) The review refers to a different model, the FV-T919
View attachment 293252
That card you linked to will not work with macOS. Here's one that most people use. You will need a low profile bracket for SFF PC.
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

My bad you're right ! I didn't notice these comments were for another model... Thanks for the link, i'll check that.

not sure if this is available in your location, but just wanted to share what I found. I've read in some posts that BCM4352 would work so I ordered this. will take about 3 weeks to arrive though. I will update if I managed to make this work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-Mini-BCM4352-867Mbps-Bluetooth-BT-4-0-802-11AC-BGN-Desktop-PCI-E-Adapter/361906590542?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

BCM4352 comes in two forms - m.2 and mini PCIe. I already tried the m.2 in my skylake hack and thanks to the posts, I made it work. what I ordered is the mini pcie version.

Yes it's available :) But China and 3 weeks, but I keep that in mind.

Did the one in your Skylake system support continuity and handoff ? What is the BT range like ?

Continuity and Handoff are supported in the skylake. I didn’t check the range though and the machine is no longer with me.

By the way, i ordered wrongly from ebay. The item i bought seems to be adapter only, doesn’t include the card. So my bad guys. Will check for cheaper part, which include the card itself.

Hi,

My upgrade to High Sierra fails, I get stuck on grey screen. May be I made something wrong.

I boot with the left button, is that the right way ?

View attachment 293362

This is a Sierra Desktop Guide not a High Sierra Support thread. Please post this in HS Desktop Support. Thanks.

My 1st post :)
Thank you trs96 for the exemplary guide.
Elite 8300 Mini-Tower i3770 16Gb ram 120Gb SSD up and running Sierra with HD4000 graphics. Dual boot separate 1Tb HDD with Win 10.
Only glitch really was using my High Sierra Mac mini to format the usb stick. Disc utility is hamstrung in that os! despite selecting MacOS extended Journaled it was still a windows partition map. Mountain lion on my old iMac Core2duo to the rescue. GUID and all good from there on but took a few goes to suss out the problem.
Had been considering a Hackintosh for some time and this looks like being the best bang for my pound. Thanks again to everyone involved with Unibeast, Multibeast, Kextbeast and Clover. Good job you all. Not forgetting Andy who really did all the work for me!

eBay £180 for the computer with i3770, 8Gb RAM and 1Tb Win 10 HDD. £120 Crucial 120Gb SSD and 8 Gb RAM an SSD to 3.5" bay converter, the DP to HDMI lead and a bluetooth usb dongle <£25

Congratulations on your new hackintosh. The I7-3770 version is a great value and it's quite easy to install Sierra when using HD4000. You've made an excellent choice. Welcome to the tonymacx86 community.

Working on a new sierra setup, on hp pro 6300 ssf, i5-3470, with low profile nvidia gt 520 video card. Once the installation completed, it seems to be working, except sleep/wake.

If it is just the screen sleep, it would wake up properly. For deep sleep (computer), I can see/hear the computer waking up, but the screen remains dark. Have tried darkwake=0, not working...

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back