Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the HP SFF 240W PSU Handle High Power Demands ?
Pretty well, according to Phils Computer Lab on Youtube. With a maxed out HP 8200 SFF (uses the same PSU as the HP 8300) the HP SFF PC never went above 135W of power consumption. So even if you have an i7, 32 GB of ram and a 1050 Ti there's no need to worry about damaging your PSU. It has plenty of built in protections and is rated at 240W. As I've always said, this is not a cheapo consumer grade power supply. See the power consumption benchmarks after the 8:26 timestamp point in the video. He also benchmarks many games earlier in the video if you're interested in gaming.

If you have the HP 6300 or 8300 MiniTower and want to use a GTX 1060 with a 6 Pin power connector you would need one of these Sata power to 6 pin adapters to supply the extra current a 1060 requires from it's 6 pin power adapter.

71lgvgSK-8L._SL1500_.jpg
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Y91B80/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You could simply disconnect the Sata Power from the DVD drive and use that for extra sata power or buy one of these 4 pin power to sata adapter from Ebay and replace the one with a single sata connector on it. The pic on the right shows where to plug in the 4 pin connector on your motherboard.

s-l300.jpg original-motherboard-for-HP-6300-Pro-SFF-657239-001-656961-001-DDR3-LGA-1155-Q75-Desktop.jpg
This way you don't have to replace the OEM power supply for better AAA games gaming performance.

The 320W PSU in the Mini-Towers should be up to the task. I've read reports of this working in the Tom's Hardware forum. Read the reply by Jungstar on May 22, 2017. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3206805/pro-6300-graphic-gtx-1060.html

Here's a pic of a Mini GTX 1060 from Gigabyte. $199 on Newegg. Note the 6 pin connector on the top of the card. (lower left)
If you give this a try let us know how it works out for you.

14-125-905-10.jpg

Last edited:
Just completed a direct in-place upgrade from Sierra to HighSierra (hp elite 8300 usdt with intel hd4000)...From the start of the backup, to all the way HighSierra is up and running, it took about 2 hours, and everything works the same as Sierra.

Never thought it would be so easy.

Last edited:
Just completed a direct in-place upgrade from Sierra to HighSierra (hp elite 8300 usdt with intel hd4000)...From the start of the backup, to all the way HighSierra is up and running, it took about 2 hours, and everything works the same as Sierra.

Never thought it would be so easy.

It must be many times easier than hackintoshing a laptop. No need to worry about a trackpad or LCD backlight. Much easier to install a wifi module etc. etc.

If you are using the built in speaker that is normal. If it's happening via HDMI audio or the front headphone or rear audio out jack then it's not normal. You may have to tweak some settings in the VoodooHDA control panel to get more volume.

Thanks for the help....... I did tweak some settings in VoodooHDA control panel by maxing out the PCM level first and then the IMix level and voila.. I got the volume as high as in Windows.. I think its sounds better in macOS ....LOL.... but I just have to do that every time I restart but as long I can get it that loud whenever I want, I'm cool.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 154
First off great info, thanks for the work on this.
I’ve got a 8300 USDT in progress, just wanted to ask if anyone has successfully installed the Broadcom BCM94360CD with mini pci-e adapter on this model, and if so how did you do the antennas? Any guides or photos? From everything I see inside it’s possible, just haven’t seen anyone post if they’ve done this yet.

First off great info, thanks for the work on this.
I’ve got a 8300 USDT in progress, just wanted to ask if anyone has successfully installed the Broadcom BCM94360CD with mini pci-e adapter on this model, and if so how did you do the antennas? Any guides or photos? From everything I see inside it’s possible, just haven’t seen anyone post if they’ve done this yet.

There is an HP antenna that came with some of the 8300 USFFs. Not sure where you can buy it though. Try a google search.
If you can find the right adapter the 94360CD should work. There is also a MacBook wifi/BT card that works too.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...C0.H0.TRS5&_nkw=Broadcom+BCM943602CS&_sacat=0

s-l1600.jpg

There is an HP antenna that came with some of the 8300 USFFs. Not sure where you can buy it though. Try a google search.
If you can find the right adapter the 94360CD should work. There is also a MacBook wifi/BT card that works too.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...C0.H0.TRS5&_nkw=Broadcom+BCM943602CS&_sacat=0

View attachment 292815

Thanks, I had seen the antenna kit and have also found them on eBay. Saw the iMac card. Hadn’t seen that MacBook card yet, thanks for that one as well. What I still am not sure about is the HP WiFi kit comes with 2 antenna wires and the iMac card has 4 connectors for 4 wires as well as the MacBook card I just noted has 3 connectors for 3 wires, wondering where/how to connect the other end of the extra wire(s)? Also, my hp doesn’t have the WiFi wires pre-installed so I’ll definitely be retro-fitting, requiring a full mobo removal, should be fun, I’ll post pix if anyone’s interested. Prob be down the road tho, just gathering info now.

Last edited:
Hi there,
My first post to say thank you for this very helpful guide.

I've just finish my first hackintosh thanks to you.
I bought a used 8300 sff (i7, 16Go, SSD, HD 4000), scrupulously follow the steps and that's it!
Even the high sierra APFS update went well.
I'm surprised how easy it was.

I've got one issue with the analog audio. Right jack front panel work but not the rear panel jacks. HDA disabler kext and voodoo 2.8.8 are installed but nothing. I'll try tonight with 2.7.3 voodoo kext see on #2.

Reactions: PBL
Hi there,
My first post to say thank you for this very helpful guide.

I've just finish my first hackintosh thanks to you.
I bought a used 8300 sff (i7, 16Go, SSD, HD 4000), scrupulously follow the steps and that's it!
Even the high sierra APFS update went well.
I'm surprised how easy it was.

I've got one issue with the analog audio. Right jack front panel work but not the rear panel jacks. HDA disabler kext and voodoo 2.8.8 are installed but nothing. I'll try tonight with 2.7.3 voodoo kext see on #2.
Glad to hear it went well. I recommend you use the 2.90 kext before those other two. Delete whatever kexts you have installed for audio run Kextbeast and install 2.90 then reboot at least twice. Test audio jacks again.

Bough 8300 usdt with i5-3475s (hd4000) from ebay. Use rehabman's laptop guide, and the setup was pretty smooth.

Next I want to connect this to a 2560x1440 monitor (dual link dvi-d only) from the displayport on the machine (hd4000).

Has any one got this working, and what cable (displayport to dual-link dvi-d) did you buy to make it work?
Hi there @jzheng , not sure if this helps (re location) but I imagine this adaptor would do what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back