Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the guide!

finally my machine arrived and i installed correctly so far. I think.

HP 6300 MT with i5-3570 3.4ghz
4GB Ram x 2
Edimax Ew-7811un (for wifi)
Zotac GT710 graphics card (installed Nvidia drivers)
Toshiba 120GB SSD

Im still using VGA monitor and seems to be working so far. I am gonna get a new HDMI monitor soon. I tested this with my TV but the screen will have artefacts when opening a new window or app. it doesn't happen when using the VGA monitor. has anyone experienced this?

update: the TV was the problem. used a HDMI monitor, no issues.

I also want to enable graphics acceleration support (quick sync). anyone had any luck?

Last edited:
Hi

macOS Sierra is live on my mackintosh, thanks for this great post.

I still have some issue about my GPU GT 710. It was recognized yesterday, but today I have 8mo of VRAM I don't know why.
An other issue is that I can't remove the usbkey of the installation, if I remove it on boot I get a black screen with big white cross and it's not booting...

I someone have ideas :)
Thanks again.

Hi

macOS Sierra is live on my mackintosh, thanks for this great post.

I still have some issue about my GPU GT 710. It was recognized yesterday, but today I have 8mo of VRAM I don't know why.
An other issue is that I can't remove the usbkey of the installation, if I remove it on boot I get a black screen with big white cross and it's not booting...
Sounds like you haven't done the post install correctly. You should be able to boot from the hard disk with Clover, not only from USB. When booting with the USB, at the Clover selection screen, hit the spacebar and uncheck nv_disable=1 and then try and boot. Go back and read the section of the guide (Step 7) on post install with Multibeast. Run that with just the selections shown in the guide. Try and boot from the system drive again.

Sounds like you haven't done the post install correctly. You should be able to boot from the hard disk with Clover, not only from USB. When booting with the USB, at the Clover selection screen, hit the spacebar and uncheck nv_disable=1 and then try and boot. Go back and read the section of the guide (Step 7) on post install with Multibeast. Run that with just the selections shown in the guide. Try and boot from the system drive again.

Done and working fine.
My fault on multibeast configuration is that I just saved configuration without click on install button :crazy:

Thanks trs96

Got mine up and running within a couple of hours. Just wanted to say a big thanks to @trs96 for the guide!

Any one braved the update to High Sierra yet?

Got mine up and running within a couple of hours. Just wanted to say a big thanks to @trs96 for the guide!

Any one braved the update to High Sierra yet?
Glad to hear it worked for you ! I would enjoy Sierra for a while and then upgrade after the .2 or .3 update. If you are using HD4000 or a GT710 card for graphics it should be relatively easy. Whether to convert to APFS that is another question I have not answered yet so I'm waiting.

Thanks to this guide, I got my HP 8300 Elite SFF with I7-3770 using HD4000 to work fine in quad-OS boot Win7, Win10, Redhat 6, and High Sierra. Hackintosher has great guide for updating from Sierra to High Sierra also. One of my biggest problem was in figuring out that HD4000 freezes when using Safari to browse Yahoo because I disabled the AMT/ME (Intel Management Engine). Surprisingly, Mac OS needs the AMT/ME in using HD4000 as described in http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322113-safari-hangs-mac-os-sierra-intel-hd-4000/ . If you have Safari freezing problem with HD4000, you should try to enable the bios AMT/ME for the HP 8300 Elite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to this guide, I got my HP 8300 Elite SFF with I7-3770 using HD4000 to work fine in quad-OS boot Win7, Win10, Redhat 6, and High Sierra.

That's a mega multi-boot system ! Do you have all of those installed on one drive or multiple drives ? I've seen many have issues with just booting Win 10 and Sierra on the same drive. If you want to write up a multibooting guide for these HP desktops I'll certainly link to your guide from this one.

That's a mega multi-boot system ! Do you have all of those installed on one drive or multiple drives ? I've seen many have issues with just booting Win 10 and Sierra on the same drive. If you want to write up a multibooting guide for these HP desktops I'll certainly link to your guide from this one.
I hope to find time to write up. For multi-boot OS, I used EFI boot loader on a single 3TB hard drive allocating ~512GB for each OS. I used Windows Boot Manager as the initial boot loader since Windows will always reset itself as the default efi loader.
1. When Windows 10 is active, I change Windows Boot Manager to use Redhat 6 Grub EFI with command in admin user
% bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\redhat\grub.efi.
This essentially redirect Windows Boot Manager to use Grub Boot Loader.
I think you can redirect Windows Boot Manager to Clover instead of Grub. However, I had Grub working so I choose it for now.
2. When Redhat 6 is active, I edit /etc/grub.conf to include Windows and Clover with
>>>
title Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (2.6.32-696.el6.x86_64)
title EFI Windows Boot Manager (hd0,0)
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
title EFI Mac OS Clover (hd0,0)
rootnoverify (hd0,0)
chainloader /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi
>>>
This allows Grub Boot Loader to offer users choices for booting Windows 7 and Windows 10 with /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
Grub can also redirect to Clover EFI boot loader which is /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi

When the PC starts, it invokes Windows Boot Manager, which invokes Redhat Grub. I select booting of Windows, Redhat 6, or Clover from Grub. If I select Windows Boot Manager, it will offer Win7 and Win10. If I select Clover, it will offer MacOS High Sierra.

Last edited:
I hope to find time to write up. For multi-boot OS, I used EFI boot loader on a single 3GB drive allocating ~512MB for each OS. I used Windows Boot Manager as the initial boot loader since Windows will always reset itself as the default efi loader.
Think you made a typo there
~512MB for each OS
MB should be GB instead. Windows XP, maybe you'd get by with 512 MB. Looks like you must be a developer to require that many operating systems all hopefully playing nice with each other. Nice work and I'm glad that this guide was helpful for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back