Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 OC Low Profile 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050OC-2GL) fit into an HP 8300 SFF computer?
Yes, any of the low profile GTX 1050 cards will fit.

Yes, any of the low profile GTX 1050 cards will fit.
Sorry to not have asked in the first place .... going through all 75 pages of comments .... I want to have dual HDMI from the 1050 LP working in the 8300 SFF ... will I be able to get the 2 HDMIs working simultaneously from the 1 graphics card?

By the way ... I just finished the macOs 10.12 Sierra install on the 8300 SFF I bought off Ebay exclusively for this build and I'm very happy so far. Just migrating the data off my old machine (will take hours ...)

Thanks to all!
-dave

Sorry to not have asked in the first place .... going through all 75 pages of comments .... I want to have dual HDMI from the 1050 LP working in the 8300 SFF ... will I be able to get the 2 HDMIs working simultaneously from the 1 graphics card?
Thanks to all!
-dave
Dual monitors via HDMI should be no problem with the Gigabyte 1050 LP. HDMI generally does not work for 4K@60HZ TVs or monitors but you can use an active DP to HDMI adapter if you want 4K. Apple does not support HDMI 2.0. Dual 1080p HD monitors would be no problem, even 1440p should work.

As a general rule, you can use any compatible graphics card under 7 inches in length for the 6300 MT. The 8300 MT graphics card length does not matter. There is no heatsink intererence issue in that. I haven't seen any LP 1050 or 1050 Ti that is over 7 inches long so the only restriction is that it can't be full height. That covers most everything for anyone else wondering what will fit in their build.

Last edited:
Dual monitors via HDMI should be no problem with the Gigabyte 1050 LP. HDMI generally does not work for 4K@60HZ TVs or monitors but you can use an active DP to HDMI adapter if you want 4K. Apple does not support HDMI 2.0. Dual 1080p HD monitors would be no problem, even 1440p should work.

I will give it a try! I have dual 1920x1200 displays. You think those resolutions will work with the dual-HDMI from a 1050 low profile card?

Trs96- So far, I am so absolutely happy with the guide and methodology you have documented! I can't wait to finish the project and have a machine which does not give me problems, like my soon-to-be previous 7-year old z77n-based machine does ....

-dave

I will give it a try! I have dual 1920x1200 displays. You think those resolutions will work with the dual-HDMI from a 1050 low profile card?

Trs96- So far, I am so absolutely happy with the guide and methodology you have documented! I can't wait to finish the project and have a machine which does not give me problems, like my soon-to-be previous 7-year old z77n-based machine does ....

-dave
Good to hear you are getting a fully working Ivy Bridge system. These are about as close as you can get to Mac like compatibility on a PC desktop. Seems like HP designed these to run macOS. Let us know how the monitors work at 1200p.

-dave

You may not be able to use the 2nd HDMI port directly. You may have to use a DVI-HDMI or DP-HDMI adapter as in my experience the 2nd HDMI port is not supported by OS X. Let us know how you go as my information may be outdated.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...fordable-customac.224812/page-32#post-1556438

Hi,

I just receive my HP 8300 SFF / i5-3470 and I am going to upgrade it, add some ram and may be put an old SSD. But about the GPU I need some details, it is my firs experience in hardware...
Here is the GPU described in the first post :
  1. EVGA GT 710 LP 2GB
  2. MSI GT 1030 LP 2GB
  3. Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB
  4. EVGA GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
  5. Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
My question is, if I take another brand like MSI GT 710 will it work ?

Hi,

I just receive my HP 8300 SFF / i5-3470 and I am going to upgrade it, add some ram and may be put an old SSD. But about the GPU I need some details, it is my firs experience in hardware...
  1. EVGA GT 710 LP 2GB
  2. MSI GT 1030 LP 2GB
  3. Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB
  4. EVGA GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

As long as it's "low profile", it should work fine.

Hi,

1. EVGA GT 710 LP 2GB
  2. MSI GT 1030 LP 2GB
  3. Gigabyte GTX 1050 2GB
  4. EVGA GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

All of the various manufacturers use the same 710 chip or GPU that is made by Nvidia. Some may have different cooler designs or clock speeds. Those things have no effect on the compatibility of the card. I'm certain that no 710 LP would be too long to fit, clear the heatsink. The only length problems occur when you put a dual fan 1050 (Ti) into a 6300 MiniTower HP. Anything over 7 inches long interferes with the heatsink (cpu cooler).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back