Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everybody is as wise as you are and can be tempted by the dark side. I updated to HS, I wish I did not, Safari full screen video is now a mess. Luckily it is the only thing causing trouble. A new NVIDIA driver is out now, I will update it, perhaps it helps.
My final word; nothing new or exciting.
Most of the changes are under the hood, not in the GUI. APFS is the biggest change. Luckily we can still avoid converting to that on our SSDs. The only reason I could see to update is to use all the new editing features in Photos. Since I hardly ever use that I'm staying with Sierra till at least 2018. Hope the new Nvidia driver is helpful.

One question. Are you really using the Titan X Pascal gfx card listed in your sig ?

One question. Are you really using the Titan X Pascal gfx card listed in your sig ?
Lol, until you highlighted it I have no idea what it is exactly , I was thinking Pascal is a generic name for NVIDIA series (for all 10XX) I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2 GB. I coudl not figure out how to add it to my signature...

A quick question, nothing to do HS though. It was like this before the update. I have trouble with bluetooth. Nothing really gets connected automatically, I have to remove and pair them again, sometimes even this does not help, I restart it or I have to change the USB port I use BT adapter. I use a ASUS USB-BT400 . It is not a big deal but I have a Magic mouse and Apple wireless keyboard and I'd love to use them if possible.
Another point, I have a 2010 iMac 21.5.It is screen is malfunctioning ( its backlight)I dont think that it is worth much.Perhaps I can get wifi and bluetooth from it and use in Hakinctosh? Do you think it is possible?

Yes, I'm 100 % certain it was.

Let me start by Thanking You @trs96 .... You have been so much help to me trying to get this done and I appreciate it. You were right about the VGA... AS soon as I connected the DP to HDMI Cable the install went great without issues. EVERYTHING WORKS...... I haven't tried iMessage and FaceTime yet as I don't really need them now.....But one issue though.... Windows Boot Manager has replaced clover so I have to use the Unibeast USB to boot into Sierra or Windows will boot automatically... How can I get Clover Back.

Last edited:
Let me start by Thanking You @trs96 .... You have been so much help to me trying to get this done and I appreciate it. You were right about the VGA... AS soon as I connected the DP to HDMI Cable the install went great without issues. EVERYTHING WORKS...... I haven't tried iMessage and FaceTime yet as I don't really need then now.....But one issue though.... Windows Boot Manager has replaced clover so I have use the Unibeast USB to boot into Sierra or Windows will boot automatically... How can I get Clover Back.

Glad to hear it all works. Are you dual booting on a single drive or with two separate drives ?

Glad to hear it all works. Are you dual booting on a single drive or with two separate drives ?

Single DRIVE.... Hitachi 500GB MECHANICAL DRIVE ... Partitioned 250GB For macOS Sierra and 250GB for Windows.

Last edited:
A quick question, nothing to do HS though. It was like this before the update. I have trouble with bluetooth. Nothing really gets connected automatically, I have to remove and pair them again, sometimes even this does not help, I restart it or I have to change the USB port I use BT adapter. I use a ASUS USB-BT400 . It is not a big deal but I have a Magic mouse and Apple wireless keyboard and I'd love to use them if possible.
Another point, I have a 2010 iMac 21.5.It is screen is malfunctioning ( its backlight)I dont think that it is worth much.Perhaps I can get wifi and bluetooth from it and use in Hakinctosh? Do you think it is possible?
It's worth trying those iMac parts if you can find the right PCI-e adapters to install them into. They should work natively at least with Sierra. Not sure about HS. I would guess that Apple will drop support for the 2009/10 iMacs with 10.14 so it may not be a long term solution if you want the latest version of macOS. If it works with HS then you could simply stay with that.

Last edited:

Single DRIVE.... Hitachi 500GB MECHANICAL DRIVE ... Partitioned 250GB For macOS Sierra and 250GB for Windows. Is there anyway I can get Clover back.

BTW i have a question about audio @trs96

Recent update of AppleALC does have the ALC221 Patch for these PC`s
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

v1.2.0
  • Requires Lilu 1.2.0 and higher
  • Added Lilu 1.2.0 safe mode loading compatibility
  • Added Intel Broadwell HD6000 HDMI audio support (ig-platform-id 0x16260004)
  • Added ALC262 layout-id 12 for HP Compaq dc7700 SFF by Goldfish64
  • Added Intel 200 Series Mobile HDA controller 0xA171 support
  • Added IDT92HD81B1C5 layout-id 11 for Dell Latitude E6410 by Goldfish64
  • Added ALC898 layout-id 99 for MSI GP62 Leopard Pro by edward-p
  • Correct issues with layout 11 for IDT92HD81B1C5 for Dell Latitude E6410
  • Added ALC221 layout-id 11 for HP Compaq Pro 4300/Pro 6300/Elite 8300 by Goldfish64
  • Added ALC892 layout-id 31 for Clevo P65xSE/SA by Derek Zhu
  • Added Conexant CX20585 layout-id 13 for Toshiba L755-16R by Constanta
  • Added ALC889 layout-id 11 for Medion P4020 D by MacPeet
  • Update ConfigData for ALC898 layout-id 99
  • Update ALC269 layout-id 16 by MacPeet
Have any of you guys tried this if audio works 100% with it.

I noticed this too and decided it to give it a try. I was unable to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back