Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will follow your recommendations that you highlighted in this link via Amazon. Should I order the N150 version?
Yes, that's the one I've used. $7 is a great price. Make sure to install the Sierra driver for it to work.

Last edited:
Hi,

the post separated from this thread doesn't make sense, i have not found a delete button.

I don't need help, because i can sucessfully update my sierra installation. I wrote this as a report how i suceeded and that everything works, because a few pages before other Users reported failed updates ending in white screens. And edelton reported issus with HD4000 and 5MB only under High Sierra, too.

Greetings
Dennis

I will remove your other post if you'd like me to. To my ear it sounded like you were asking HS support questions.
See In Bold.
I tried different things like undo the changs with clover to the "original" ones, updated Clover to latest version, remove all USB-Devices exept keyboard and mouse, all with the same error.

Do you have ideas, what i made wrong?

I read about High Sierra eficheck. Is there a way to disable that? I didn't found that yet.

Sounds good. Remember to use the Sierra versions of Unibeast and Multibeast for install and post install.

I was able to download MacOS Sierra using the link you posted on here. Created the USB installer with unibeast 7.1.1 but when I started the install with -v it hangs at this screen. Created the USB installer 3 times and they all hang with this message. Is something wrong with the Sierra I downloaded or is it because of my VGA connection because I wasn't able to to get DP to HDMI cable yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_20171027_074909.jpg
    IMG_20171027_074909.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20171027_074907.jpg
    IMG_20171027_074907.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20171027_074904.jpg
    IMG_20171027_074904.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
I have this machine and it has bundled with an ATI Dedicated graphics. How do I enable it? As in properly configure the graphics card?
Most of the older AMD gfx cards will not work without a lot of effort. You would need to determine which specific model it is and then find out if it is macOS compatible. Start here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/
If it is not compatible then get an Nvidia card that is or get a CPU with HD4000 and use a digital connection to the monitor, either DVI or HDMI or DP not VGA. VGA is not supported and will never work fully on a Mac running Sierra.

I was able to download MacOS Sierra using the link you posted on here. Created the USB installer with unibeast 7.1.1 but when I started the install with -v it hangs at this screen. Created the USB installer 3 times and they all hang with this message. Is something wrong with the Sierra I downloaded or is it because of my VGA connection because I wasn't able to to get DP to HDMI cable yesterday.

Use a digital connection to the monitor, either DVI or HDMI or DP not VGA. VGA is not supported and will never work fully on a Mac running Sierra. You need to let go of the hope that it will. Here is an inexpensive adapter that will allow you to use HDMI and have success. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017Q8ZVWK/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Use a digital connection to the monitor, either DVI or HDMI or DP not VGA. VGA is not supported and will never work fully on a Mac running Sierra. You need to let go of the hope that it will. Here is an inexpensive adapter that will allow you to use HDMI and have success. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017Q8ZVWKtag=tonymacx86com-20

I will be picking up a DisplayPort to HDMI this evening but I want to know if it's the cause of that message??? To verify if the Sierra I downloaded was faulty I am using that same image to downgrade my friends MacBook from HS to Sierra and it's working. So that leaves the question if my using VGA for the install was the cause of the hang.

Attachments

• IMG_20171027_100656_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20171027_100656_hdr.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I will be picking up a DisplayPort to HDMI this evening but I want to know if it's the cause of that message??? So that leaves the question if my using VGA for the install was the cause of the hang.
Yes, I'm 100 % certain it was.

Having trouble with dualboot. I created partition for Windows after installing Sierra deleted it in windows setup and created it again from un allocated space then installed Windows 10 on that partition now windows 10 boot fine but I can't find bootmgr file anywhere to rename it.
15091143326881690941462.jpg

Last edited:
I have not advised anyone other than iOS devs to upgrade to that yet. Sierra is still available for download. Everything on the HP 6300 is tested and working fully if you are using Sierra. I have not even attempted HS on my 6300 so I'm certain that some things will not work properly yet.

Not everybody is as wise as you are and can be tempted by the dark side. I updated to HS, I wish I did not, Safari full screen video is now a mess. Luckily it is the only thing causing trouble. A new NVIDIA driver is out now, I will update it, perhaps it helps.
My final word; nothing new or exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back