Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im using a mechanical drive so I did a clean install so I think the new APFS..... I Just noticed I was using VGA.... do think that could be the cause? Don't have DP to HDMI now ...... attached is my config ...... you can make any corrections in there and upload it so I can save that
VGA is not supported so yes, that is the problem. I tried to emphasize that in the guide. Not sure why it's not clear enough.

macOS is not Windows which supports everything. Both are totally different. It would be very hard to find a VGA output on any Mac made in the last 10 years or so. I think they dropped support for VGA about the time of Snow Leopard.

Actually it was just before Snow Leopard in 2007 that VGA Support was completely dropped. That's ten years ago. o_O
The first Mac Mini I bought in late 2005 had a DVI to VGA adapter that worked. By then they were already planning on phasing out analog video sooner rather than later.

Screen_Shot.jpg

Last edited:
VGA is not supported so yes, that is the problem. I tried to emphasize that in the guide. Not sure why it's not clear enough.

macOS is not Windows which supports everything. Both are totally different. It would be very hard to find a VGA output on any Mac made in the last 10 years or so. I think they dropped support for VGA about the time of Snow Leopard.

Actually it was just before Snow Leopard in 2007 that VGA Support was completely dropped. That's ten years ago. o_O
The first Mac Mini I bought in late 2005 had a DVI to VGA adapter that worked. By then they were already planning on phasing out analog video sooner rather than later.

View attachment 288094

Ok I will get a DP to HDMI today.... I didnt use MultiBeast because the latest one is for Sierra and causes my High Sierra to install to hang at gIOScreenLockState 3. I believe it has something to do with the mandatory fakesmc in 9.2.1 so i decided to stay away from it. Until one is released for High Sierra.

I got the following to work using kextbeast.

1. Audio is Working but Just the FRONT headphones Jack and the volume is very low...when i select the rear line out it plays through the inbuilt speaker of the PC. i installed VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10 & AppleHDADisabler.kext . I need help getting the rear line out to work and the volume issue too.

2. Ethernet works great with IntelMausiEthernet.kext

3. I need help with booting directly from my Macos Hard drive without using the Unibeast Usb.

Last edited:
1. Audio is Working but Just the FRONT headphones Jack and the volume is very low...when i select the rear line out it plays through the inbuilt speaker of the PC. i installed VoodooHDA.kext-2.9.0d10 & AppleHDADisabler.kext . I need help getting the rear line out to work and the volume issue too.

2. Ethernet works great with IntelMausiEthernet.kext

3. I need help with booting directly from my Macos Hard drive without using the Unibeast Usb.

You need to remember this is a Sierra Desktop Guide, not High Sierra. I have not advised anyone other than iOS devs to upgrade to that yet. Sierra is still available for download. Everything on the HP 6300 is tested and working fully if you are using Sierra. I have not even attempted HS on my 6300 so I'm certain that some things will not work properly yet. If you will continue with HS then you'll need to post in High Sierra Desktop Support.

You need to remember this is a Sierra Desktop Guide, not High Sierra. I have not advised anyone other than iOS devs to upgrade to that yet. Sierra is still available for download. Everything on the HP 6300 is tested and working fully if you are using Sierra. I have not even attempted HS on my 6300 so I'm certain that some things will not work properly yet. If you will continue with HS then you'll need to post in High Sierra Desktop Support.

I Understand you perfectly.... Thanks for condoning and helping me out even though i was off topic ..... i will download and install Sierra this evening will update on how it goes... thanks again.

I Understand you perfectly.... Thanks for condoning and helping me out even though i was off topic ..... i will download and install Sierra this evening will update on how it goes... thanks again.

Sounds good. Remember to use the Sierra versions of Unibeast and Multibeast for install and post install.

I followed trs96 guide and everything went as smooth as silk! :thumbup:

The only problem that I am not sure on how to solve is wireless internet. When I go to preferences and try to add a wireless network, the below screen shot is what appears. I re-read the guide and didn't see what I missed?

a.jpg

The below photo is the usb wireless adaptor that came with the 8300 and worked with Windows 10, however, it's not with Sierra.

b.jpg

1. Is the usb wireless adaptor not compatible with Sierra - I see the optional recommendations on post 1 of this guide.

or

2. Did I miss something here during the installation?

I am running an HP8300 with bios 3.0.4. Ethernet does work to get online.

THANKS for making this guide and any help that can be provided. I am very excited to play with this some more!

@RescueDog
The USB Wifi adapter needs to be Broadcom based and be macOS compatible. Do some research on that. If it is compatible then you'll need to install their macOS Sierra driver for it to work. If it is not compatible then I'd suggest the 10 dollar TP-Link USB dongle if you don't want PCI-E based wifi.

Hi,
my experiences with upgrading to High Sierra:
I cloned that with clonezilla to an HDD for testing.
Direct Update from Sierra to High Sierra:
When i try to update directly to High Sierra, i always get "kextd stall (240s) AppleAPCICPU". After a few minutes, it ended with a white screen. Boot Options: nv_disable=1 -v
I tried different things like undo the changs with clover to the "original" ones, updated Clover to latest version, remove all USB-Devices exept keyboard and mouse, all with the same error.

Do you have ideas, what i made wrong?

Update via USB Stick, made with UniBeast 8:
It works perfectly. First the HD4000 had only 5MB like written in posts before. I think after MultiBeast und CloverConfigurator Settings everything is working now like on Sierra, also deep sleep.
I just tested it a few hours and went back to Sierra on SSD.I will update that in a few days.

I read about High Sierra eficheck. Is there a way to disable that? I didn't found that yet.

Greetings
Dennis
Dennis, High Sierra installs are off topic for this Sierra Guide. Currently I don't have the time required to test and write a full HS guide for the HP 6300 or 8300. I may write one after the holidays later this year. So I will move your post to the HS Desktop Support forum so you can get help there.

@RescueDog
The USB Wifi adapter needs to be Broadcom based and be macOS compatible. Do some research on that. If it is compatible then you'll need to install their macOS Sierra driver for it to work. If it is not compatible then I'd suggest the 10 dollar TP-Link USB dongle if you don't want PCI-E based wifi.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will follow your recommendations that you highlighted in this link via Amazon. Should I order the N150 version?

Dennis, High Sierra installs are off topic for this Sierra Guide. Currently I don't have the time required to test and write a full HS guide for the HP 6300 or 8300. I may write one after the holidays later this year. So I will move your post to the HS Desktop Support forum so you can get help there.

Hi,

the post separated from this thread doesn't make sense, i have not found a delete button.

I don't need help, because i can sucessfully update my sierra installation. I wrote this as a report how i suceeded and that everything works, because a few pages before other Users reported failed updates ending in white screens. And edelton reported issus with HD4000 and 5MB only under High Sierra, too.

Greetings
Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back