Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any problems with Nvidia drivers?
I was using a GTX-710 on this machine, so I didn't use the Nvidia drivers.

ETA: My profile has my first build and I'm using the Nvidia drivers. When I upgraded to High Sierra, I didn't disable the divers and got stuck and fortunately was able to use Time Machine to get back to Sierra, then uninstall the Web Drivers and proceed. The only problem I've had with the Nvidia drivers is that Clover starts in 4K and then during bootup it switches to HD(I'm using ResX to switch to 4K after it's finished booting). Other than that, the Nvidia drivers seem to work fine.

Last edited:
Hey guys - because I actually cannot afford 70-80 more bucks to swap the hd2500 in my elite 8300 usff I would like to go retro and install Mountain Lion 10.8.5 via clover. Is there any chance to be lucky and get a helping hand? Installation went smoothly (and faster than Sierra 10.12.6 ;) but post-installation is tricky. It doesn't seem like graphics work the way I would like them to. Audio is uber-tricky and network doesn't accept RealtekRTL8111.kext. I would be so thankful for some advice.

Hey guys - because I actually cannot afford 70-80 more bucks to swap the hd2500 in my elite 8300 usff I would like to go retro and install Mountain Lion 10.8.5 via clover. Is there any chance to be lucky and get a helping hand? Installation went smoothly (and faster than Sierra 10.12.6 ;) but post-installation is tricky. It doesn't seem like graphics work the way I would like them to. Audio is uber-tricky and network doesn't accept RealtekRTL8111.kext. I would be so thankful for some advice.

IIRC there was only HD2500 support for the .2 and .3 version of Mountain Lion. So if you have installed the 10.8.6 version there probably isn't any HD2500 support. Also, I would think that HP used the same Intel LAN chip in that USFF that they used in all the other 8300s. That's why the Realtek kext will not work. I would search Ebay to find an I3-3225 chip and install that. I've seen them sell in the 35 dollar price range. If you want an I5 with HD4000 the cost goes up only about 20 dollars more than that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core...273549&hash=item4b2abb3166:g:QlYAAOSwXLFZg56p

Last edited:
I have updated to High Sierra w/o APFS. So far so good.No extra work needed, just booted with Mac OS default graphic drivers and updated NVDIA drivers automatically.

Excellent guide,
Been looking for something like this until i spotted this video from Snazzy Labs:

Exactly what i need and what can Checkmark my needs.
I requested a friend that does import such PC`s and he said from next month i will a batch of them.
Told him to find me a good 8300 with i7-3770 and add 16GB of Ram since he does have lots of spare parts for that.
Buying a Nvidia 1050 TI and a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO and ill have a perfect desktop that can fill all my needs.

BTW i have a question about audio @trs96

Recent update of AppleALC does have the ALC221 Patch for these PC`s
https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

v1.2.0
  • Requires Lilu 1.2.0 and higher
  • Added Lilu 1.2.0 safe mode loading compatibility
  • Added Intel Broadwell HD6000 HDMI audio support (ig-platform-id 0x16260004)
  • Added ALC262 layout-id 12 for HP Compaq dc7700 SFF by Goldfish64
  • Added Intel 200 Series Mobile HDA controller 0xA171 support
  • Added IDT92HD81B1C5 layout-id 11 for Dell Latitude E6410 by Goldfish64
  • Added ALC898 layout-id 99 for MSI GP62 Leopard Pro by edward-p
  • Correct issues with layout 11 for IDT92HD81B1C5 for Dell Latitude E6410
  • Added ALC221 layout-id 11 for HP Compaq Pro 4300/Pro 6300/Elite 8300 by Goldfish64
  • Added ALC892 layout-id 31 for Clevo P65xSE/SA by Derek Zhu
  • Added Conexant CX20585 layout-id 13 for Toshiba L755-16R by Constanta
  • Added ALC889 layout-id 11 for Medion P4020 D by MacPeet
  • Update ConfigData for ALC898 layout-id 99
  • Update ALC269 layout-id 16 by MacPeet
Have any of you guys tried this if audio works 100% with it.

@Sniki I've been using the VoodooHDA 2.9.0 kext in combination with AppleHDAdisabler kext installed to /L/E and have been very happy with the results. Have not experienced any static or problems with audio. If you try the AppleALC v1.2.0 and have success please share your results here and I'll add that as another audio option to the main guide. The current method is the easiest to implement for beginners and provides HDMI audio from the Nvidia Pascal graphics cards. Most that have an 8300 are using GTX 1030/1050 or 1050 Ti and want to have functional HDMI audio too. I'm going to keep that as the recommended audio solution for the time being. For those that don't use HDMI audio and will just use onboard ALC221 it may bring advantages over the current approach. Great to see that the ALC221 support has been added to the AppleALC kext. :thumbup:

You'll be very happy with the 8300/3770 with 16GB. Currently the best BFYB of the hackintosh world right now.

Last edited:

What CPU do you have in there now? You can buy an i3 3225 for $35-40 USD and then sell whatever chip is in there for probably $20ish.

Hey, sorry to interject in the conversation, I have a 6300 pro (everything is listed in my profile) I have it mostly working.

I am curious though. when I bought this a couple days ago it came with an ati radeon 7450 video card, my understanding is it is fully supported by multi beast, I'm currently running at 1920x1080 which is more than enough for what I need, but it does have choppy graphics, and artifacts like crazy.

my other problem is my audio, it is working. how ever there is a constant clicking that is happening.

other than that I am pretty happy with this el cheap beast. I had a bunch of parts laying around which worked perfect in it.

but If I can get those 2 issues sorted ill be stoked!

can any one point me to the right direction?

Hey, sorry to interject in the conversation, I have a 6300 pro (everything is listed in my profile) I have it mostly working.

I am curious though. when I bought this a couple days ago it came with an ati radeon 7450 video card, my understanding is it is fully supported by multi beast, I'm currently running at 1920x1080 which is more than enough for what I need, but it does have choppy graphics, and artifacts like crazy.

my other problem is my audio, it is working. how ever there is a constant clicking that is happening.

other than that I am pretty happy with this el cheap beast. I had a bunch of parts laying around which worked perfect in it.
This guide only recommends Nvidia graphics cards. There are no AMD cards in this list:

Screen Shot.jpg

#2 through #5 need the web drivers to work fully. The GT710 works just fine without them. For the clicking audio problem you'll need to install the VoodooHDA prefpane app and make some adjustments there. Are you using the 2.9.0 kext and also the AppleHDA Disabler kext ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back