Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I reinstalled from scratch and everything worked but as soon as I changed screen resolution from 1024x768 to 1280xsomething screen started flashing, any fix? I surely don't want to re install macOS
It would be wise to get an HDMI capable monitor and use a DP to HDMI adapter to get a 1080p resolution. Does your monitor only have VGA input ? Sierra will look much better at 1080p or higher resolution, it's worth the investment.

It would be wise to get an HDMI capable monitor and use a DP to HDMI adapter to get a 1080p resolution. Does your monitor only have VGA input ? Sierra will look much better at 1080p or higher resolution, it's worth the investment.
Code:
PHILIPS 107T:
  Resolution:    1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz
  Pixel Depth:    32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Display Serial Number:     BZ  47475329
  Main Display:    Yes
  Mirror:    Off
  Online:    Yes
  Rotation:    Supported
  Automatically Adjust Brightness:    No
  Connection Type:    Analog VGA or Analog Over DVI-I
  Adapter Firmware Version:    81.34
The one I own right now, yes. :| what's up with the flashing? Scared to try other resolution :p If there's a way to get rid of flashing without reinstalling os I can try it again.

Last edited:
PHILIPS 107T Display
13.9-inch (800 x 600)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB graphics ˆˆ
The one I own right now, yes. :| what's up with the flashing? Scared to try other resolution :p If there's a way to get rid of flashing without reinstalling os I can try it again.

It's not going to work with that antiquated CRT monitor. Get a 16:9 aspect ratio LCD monitor. Apple got rid of the CRT about 13 years ago. Sierra does not support that monitor at it's native resolution. Join the rest of us in the 21st century. Save your eyes and also some electricity too. Time to upgrade.

Here's a very good HP 22" new monitor for under 90 USD. It's IPS too. Has HDMI.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015WCV70W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
I don't know if this is true for Sierra, but on High Sierra, iBooks and Quick Sync are both working if the HD 4000 is enabled and, of course, AirPlay mirroring continues to work.

It's not going to work with that antiquated CRT monitor. Get a 16:9 aspect ratio LCD monitor. Apple got rid of the CRT about 13 years ago. Sierra does not support that monitor at it's native resolution. Join the rest of us in the 21st century. Save your eyes and also some electricity too. Time to upgrade.

Here's a very good HP 22" new monitor for under 90 USD. It's IPS too. Has HDMI.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015WCV70W/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
I have a 4k TV at home and I purchased a DP to HDMI converter but it didn't work. If I purchase a GT 710 will the HDMI to HDMI display work with that 4k TV?

I have a update software update on AppStore which is Security Update Public Beta 2017-001 10.12.6. It is a little bit odd as my Hackintosh OS version is already 10.12.6 but I registered with public beta testing with my iMac, I guess this could be the reason I am getting this updates.
Last week I followed the normal Appstore update procedure and I updated my Hackintosh. Everything worked except NVDIA drivers. Hackintosh was booting and running native OS X Default graphic drivers and when I wanted to update my NVIDA driver, I had a warning telling me that new drivers aren't available yet. I tried to follow
but could not get my head around it and had to use restore from CCC. I am still trying to learn how to force old drivers to use. If anyone know a good video guide or more detailed instructions about this issue , I will try it again...
Many thanks

I have a 4k TV at home and I purchased a DP to HDMI converter but it didn't work. If I purchase a GT 710 will the HDMI to HDMI display work with that 4k TV?

4K works but only at 30Hz with HDMI.

4K works but only at 30Hz with HDMI.
How does that work? My way old laptop with celeron N2850 processor and Intel HD Graphics works from HDMI to HDMI port display smoothly, does that mean DisplayPort to HDMI converter won't work on a 4k TV?
PS: If there's a tweak hack or something that could help me get display on my 4k TV that'd be great.
Edit: I currently get no signal or you might say no display on TV

Last edited:
macOS has no support for HDMI 2.0. We are stuck with HDMI 1.2 which limits us to 30Hz at 4K. There has been a few isolated instances of people getting 60Hz at 4K, but it was inconsistent and not reproducible.

I don't know how well adaptors will work.

If your old laptop was running macOS, odds are that it would not get 4K@60Hz.

Do you have an SSD or HDD?
HDD (sorry for the late response)

By the way, I'm having just one problem so far with HS: pc always freezes minutes after waking up from sleep mode.
I had to turn it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back