Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to install VoodooHDA 2.9.0 kext and the AppleHDADisabler kext? I can't find them in the multia beast. im pretty sure this is a stupid question. Can anyone help me?
Download the zip files for each. (attached to post #1 at the bottom)Unzip each one. Use Kextbeast to install them to /L/E. Reboot and you should have audio.

UPDATING TO HIGH SIERRA
As you probably all know High Sierra 10.13 hit the App Store today. I'm waiting on updating my HP 6300 pro because I'm using a GTX 1050. There are no Nvidia Web drivers for HS. I'm also using an SSD as a boot drive so I will wait until others report back on how the new APFS is behaving with their systems. If you are in the same situation I would simply suggest that you wait a month or two before trying to update your 6300/8300.

I did update my HP 6200 Pro SFF which has a mechanical HDD. If you are using a mechanical HDD and a GT 710 you can safely update** to High Sierra on your HP 6300/8300. I think that it is still much too early to transition from Sierra to High Sierra right now. If you give it a try, report back how it goes.

** Remember to update Clover to the newest 4220 version first before attempting. Always make a bootable backup too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 4.43.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 4.43.28 PM.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:
Cannot update to HS. Got stupid white screen. I'm using a gt710 and SSD Samsung EVO 250gb.

Last edited:
Cannot update to HS. Got stupid white screen. I'm using a gt710 and SSD Samsung EVO 250gb.
I don't recommend that those with SSDs update yet. See post #584. If you do want to be an early adopter wait at least till Unibeast for High Sierra comes out. Then follow the tmx86 guide.

After a brief look at HS there doesn't seem to be a lot of new features other than the improvement of Photos and Safari. You can download Safari 11.0 through your Software update and get those new features on your existing Sierra install. So unless you are an iOS dev or need the new photo editing features in Photos, there isn't a compelling reason to update to HS. Stay put for a while and see how APFS works out for others. If you want to install on a clean drive (SSD) and experiment with APFS and HS that may be the best approach right now. The Nvidia Web drivers are out so those with Pascal gfx cards can give 10.13 a try. You can avoid the APFS conversion when you update a Sierra SSD drive. Rehabaman has outlined the details here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...n-high-sierra-update-or-fresh-install.232855/

TL;dr
Summary: Sierra → High Sierra is similar to Leopard → Snow Leopard primarily fine tuning and refinement with a few new added features. New APFS file system option on HS: may be best to wait a bit till the bugs are worked out before transition.

Last edited:

Hi,

same here. But i use a HDD and internal HD4000 graphics. It was a fresh install of Sierra i installed last Week, i tried to update. Before i installed Clover 4220.
I yust tried to update, because i ordered a SSD, so i will do a fresh install anyway.

Greetings
Dennis

I stumbled upon this post and thought hey I could do this. I picked up an 8300 from amazon for 180.00. It looks practically new, came with windows 10, 4gb ram and 500gb hdd. It worked fine.
I'm following the guide in this thread to get to Sierra and have windows on a separate drive. I got a Samsung SSD for OSX.
I updated the BIOS to v02.99 and installed snow leopard 10.6.3 via retail CD but was unable to get past that step because snow leopard doesn't see an Ethernet card. I got to 10.6.8 by downloading the update on my windows laptop then transferred via usb stick. I cant progress any further now without Ethernet access.
The BIOS sees the Ethernet card : Intel 82579LM connected
I tried using the Kext Wizard to install the appleintele1000e.kext , that didn't change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back