Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I'll check out that card. No dice on the thunderbolt I suspect?
Much appreciated. (Personal details updated).
I don't believe the 8300 motherboard could support a Thunderbolt adapter card. Haven't investigated that at all as I don't use it.

Let us know how the FW800 card works out for you. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks again. Definitely will let you know about the FW card.

Thanks for posting that. Looks like the only way to get 4K @60 Hz is to use DP to DP or to adapt DP to HDMI with an active adapter.

Just to add to the compatibility list, I'm driving an LG Ultrawide (LG 34UC88) via HDMI (MSI GTX1050 Ti) at 3440x1440@60HZ no problem.

Quick compatibility question... I'm thinking of buying this:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01DZM8RDG/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

to swap out the DVD drive... do you think it would work? Could I connect the USB ports to the MEDIA header on the motherboard?

Also, it requires two separate SATA connections--could one of them be connected to the e-sata header?

As always, thanks so much for all your help. I'm up and running and everything works incredibly smoothly (except handoff/continuity, which I never really use anyway).

I've just bought an 8300 SFF i5.
Now i found MSI gtx750ti LP in a very good price. So there is a question will it work with sierra?

I've just bought an 8300 SFF i5.
Now i found MSI gtx750ti LP in a very good price. So there is a question will it work with sierra?
Yes, you'll need to install the 10.12.6 web drivers from Nvidia if that version of macOS is installed. Do not Inject Intel. Should work great.

Quick compatibility question... I'm thinking of buying this:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01DZM8RDG/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

to swap out the DVD drive... do you think it would work? Could I connect the USB ports to the MEDIA header on the motherboard?

Also, it requires two separate SATA connections--could one of them be connected to the e-sata header?

As always, thanks so much for all your help. I'm up and running and everything works incredibly smoothly (except handoff/continuity, which I never really use anyway).

The front USB 3 ports on that would need a USB 3 header on the motherboard which it doesn't have. You could get a USB 2.0 version of that drive bay. I haven't tried using the e-sata connector yet. I'll test it out when I have some time. You would want any SSD drives connected to the first two Sata connectors (Sata0 and Sata1) anyway. Those are the dark blue and lighter blue colored connections. Connect your mechanical HDD to the Sata2 port.

Yes, you'll need to install the 10.12.6 web drivers from Nvidia if that version of macOS is installed. Do not Inject Intel. Should work great.

Thank you so much!! I will let you know how it works when i finish my customac :)

The front USB 3 ports on that would need a USB 3 header on the motherboard which it doesn't have. You could get a USB 2.0 version of that drive bay. I haven't tried using the e-sata connector yet. I'll test it out when I have some time. You would want any SSD drives connected to the first two Sata connectors (Sata0 and Sata1) anyway. Those are the dark blue and lighter blue colored connections. Connect your mechanical HDD to the Sata2 port.

Thanks. To be honest, I don't really need the extra USB ports... So if I got this one instead:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00GO7DZUA/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

Would I be able to use and SSD in there if it were connected to the Sata2 port? Or would I be limited to using HDDs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back