Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
will the FV-T919 fit if i change the back plate?

will the FV-T919 fit if i change the back plate?

You need to put your hardware into your personal profile. I have no idea what form factor your case is.

Profile_icon.jpg Then click on personal details. For motherboard section simply put in either HP SFF or HP MT

apologies, i got the 8300 i7 SFF today, just ordered a Fenvi FV-T919 on ebay. Though looking now there seems to be a lot of copies, they are much cheaper do they work as well?

Hehe. I'm back!

I have Fenvi T919 PCIE card and I can confirm that Wifi and BT worked OOB. The only problem with this card that I have now, is that I can't figure how to make it Low-profile :)

I wish i could fit this into SFF but unfortunately can't. Some low-profile mini-pcie adapter could work but they have only 2 antennas and no USB connector. I assume that this will break BT or smth.

The only genuine Fenvi T919 I see on Ebay costs $161 :confused: which one did you buy ?

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Hehe. I'm back!

I have Fenvi T919 PCIE card and I can confirm that Wifi and BT worked OOB. The only problem with this card that I have now, is that I can't figure how to make it Low-profile :)
I wish i could fit this into SFF but unfortunately can't. Some low-profile mini-pcie adapter could work but they have only 2 antennas and no USB connector. I assume that this will break BT or smth.

One option you have is to buy a refurb HP 6200 MT that has a case in good condition. These are the exact same case that the HP 6300 motherboards fit into. The 8300 SFF motherboard is no different than the 6300 other than the chipset and a few other differences. Swap the motherboard, connect the PSU and you're set. A barebones 6200 MT would be a low cost option. Then you can have full height cards.

I would stay with the genuine Fenvi model like you got. Lots of fake/counterfit hardware comes out of China. If anyone else in the UK wants one there are still two left from this seller :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Broadcom-...id=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&mehot=ag&sd=192057361293

Attention gamers and dual booters

I've added a brief guide at the end of post #2 that shows you how to install Windows 10 for UEFI booting. It's called:
How to Create a Windows 10 UEFI USB Installer

When you install Win10 for UEFI booting you can then dual boot it with Sierra from the Clover bootloader.

Most people don't realize that you can download the ISO for free from microsoft's website and then run the full Creators update version, Home or Pro without having a product key. The only downside is that you cannot personalize Windows but everything else works the same as the paid version. The one other thing is that there is a watermark in the lower right corner of your screen that you can't get rid of. Try it out and see what you think.

I'm sorry to ask, this may be dumb... but, How do I fit the Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti 4GB into the 8300 SFF? (does it fit?)

Gigabyte sell multiple GTX 1050 Ti cards. The only one that will fit a SFF is https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TOC-4GL#kf

That's the one I have in my 8300 SFF and it works great. It comes with both a standard and low profile bracket.

Also be aware that only the DVI, DP and one of the HDMI ports will work. The second HDMI port is not supported which means you can have a triple display but not quad display setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back