Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the HDMI sound option described in link below relate to these machines?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.184867/

Don't believe that will work on these HP systems because of the unsupported ALC221 audio. The VoodooHDA kexts 2.8.8 or 2.9.0 will work for HDMI audio. Haven't tried other ways to enable it. The 2.9.0 kext worked immediately with either of my Nvidia gfx cards. Do you still not have HDMI audio working ?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Do you still not have HDMI audio working ?[/QUOTE]
Sound working as expected this end (using 2.9 and getting - rear, internal speaker, hdmi) - thanks. I was asking to try and gain some insight into the HDMI process mentioned, not directly significant, just trying to understand the different bits of hackintoshing. The only other query I have about these machines is the 7/8/9 series USB support - I mentioned before that Im not using it and in pretty much blind ignorance, think it best not to but in reality would struggle to say why I think that.

[QUOTE="Do you still not have HDMI audio working ?
Sound working as expected this end (using 2.9 and getting - rear, internal speaker, hdmi) - thanks. I was asking to try and gain some insight into the HDMI process mentioned, not directly significant, just trying to understand the different bits of hackintoshing. The only other query I have about these machines is the 7/8/9 series USB support - I mentioned before that Im not using it and in pretty much blind ignorance, think it best not to but in reality would struggle to say why I think that.[/QUOTE]

Do all your USB2 and USB3 ports work as expected when you don't add 7/8/9 series USB support via MultiBeast?

Yes - USB2 and USB3 ports work as expected without 7/8/9 usb support. Once the “EHC1 to EH01” and “EHC2 to EH02” edits are made I think the rest is right (maybe only with the newest BIOS)

Last edited:
I've pulled the trigger and purchased a 8300 i7 SFF.

Just wanted to run my idea by everyone to check I'm not making any errors.

Lightroom Photo editing Setup.

• 8300 i7 SFF

• For graphics I intend to use the HD4000 chip, (I might upgrade later, would like dual monitor evenully)

• DisplayPort cable to Eizo 2450 Monitor (also DisplayPort)

• 250GB M2 e-pci SSD for boot drive and short term photo storage (whilst editing)
    could really use a recommendation of which pci-e SSD and adaptor for the SFF fit

• 2TB Hard Drive for archived photos
  • only has 4GB of ram (should I upgrade it for lightroom?)

Not sure what the good options are for WiFi & Bluetooth and sound

Last edited:
It is preferable to go with a 250GB Sata SSD as your boot drive. NVME is not supported as a boot drive in Sierra. It may change with High Sierra but we don't know for sure yet. There are some fixes for it but for a beginning hackintosher it's so much easier to install on a Sata SSD. Here you can read about what it takes to get an M.2 NVME boot drive working.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

There are USB wifi and BT options in the tonymacx86 buyer's guide and some in the first and second post of this guide. The audio will work if you implement step #9 of this guide. Yes, upgrade the ram. Bare minimum you want just for Sierra is 8GB.

Last edited:
Sound like I should get a SATA SSD for boot drive
what the best way to connect the SATA SSD?

Sound like I should get a SATA SSD for boot drive
what the best way to connect the SATA SSD?
The first two Sata ports on the motherboard are going to give you Sata 3 speeds. Use one of those with a Sata 3 cable of course.
Consult the manual for a picture of which to use. It should be the first one closest to the ram slots. A royal blue color. Put your HDD in the second or third sata port, light blue or white.

original-Motherboard-For-HP-Elite-8300-SFF-657094-001-656933-001-DDR3-LGA-1155-BTX-Q77.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back