Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know of any low profile solutions? Most of the Fenvi cards I'm finding are full height brackets.

I use a TP-Link Archer T9E for WiFi and an IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter GBU521.

The TP-Link card comes with a LP bracket.

Lol im stuck with RX 460...

DP cable connected to Radeon Rx 460 2GB MSI.
BIOS version: K01 v02.90

In BIOS:
Advanced -> Device Options > Integrated Video Enabled
Advanced -> VGA Configuration > Intel VGA Controller Primary.

I am able to see Clover, Apple logo and then strange beep (low frequency), screen refreshes and then freezes.

I was able to get to login screen when i connected DP cable to iGPU then switched to Radeon.

From what i know with this setting i should be able to boot to OSX Login screen with DP cable in Radeon. Am i doing something wrong?

Are you injecting Intel in your Clover config.plist ? If not use CC and checkmark that. Save and reboot.

Does that work with handoff and continuity?

Handoff yes - I can receive SMS and phone calls on my 8300.

From memory I got continuity working as well but I think I only tried going in one direction. I didn't bother going the other way.

Are you injecting Intel in your Clover config.plist ? If not use CC and checkmark that. Save and reboot.
From what I see yes. It's injected.

Zrzut ekranu 2017-07-31 15.10.50.png

Try using 0x01620007 in the "ig-platform-id" section.

I did what you suggested.

DisplayPort cable in RX460.
Integrated Enable.
Integrated as Primary Boot.
No Clover. I think it got boot-loop with strange speaker sound (like when you plug in old analog audio with jack :p).

Kernel Panic even when i unplugged Radeon.
Zrzut ekranu 2017-07-31 15.29.51.png

Does the SATA 3 adapter provide good throughput?

I was led astray by some HP specs into believing the 6300 SFF had two SATA 3 connectors... it does not, it has one.

So I get better secondary SSD performance via USB 3 than the internal SATA 2 port. Still could be better though.

At the moment I just have a HDD attached, so I doubt the SATA card would be the bottleneck. I'm getting 95 MB/sec read and write from the 2 1/2" drive connected to the motherboard (WD Blue) according to Blackmagic, and 105 MB/sec from the 3 1/2" drive that came with the computer connected to the card. I can run some tests with a SSD if you'd like. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back