Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
markintosh 13....... Video GPU.. Intel HD Graphics 4000 onboard. Worked the first time... hmmmmm
What are you using to adapt from the DP output to the monitor ? Is it a DP to HDMI cable ?

What are you using to adapt from the DP output to the monitor ? Is it a DP to HDMI cable ?

I just plugged in the VGA cable to the mobo and monitor

I just plugged in the VGA cable to the mobo and monitor
That's the problem, VGA is not supported in macOS. There is a link to a DP to VGA adapter in Post #1 that you could use. Otherwise you'll need a monitor with a Digital input, either DVI or HDMI or DisplayPort.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017Q8OCSY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You must have skipped over paragraph 2 of Step #1. It's easy to do when in a hurry.

Here's the two most important sentences of Step #1

Connect a video cable to your monitor via HDMI, DVI or Displayport. VGA is not supported so do not connect a cable to your graphics card's or your HP's onboard VGA output. If your monitor only has VGA input then use a DP to VGA adapter.

Last edited:
That's the problem, VGA is not supported in macOS. There is a link to a DP to VGA adapter in Post #1 that you could use. Otherwise you'll need a monitor with a Digital input, either DVI or HDMI or DisplayPort.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017Q8OCSY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You must have skipped over paragraph 2 of Step #1. It's easy to do when in a hurry.

Here's the two most important sentences of Step #1

Connect a video cable to your monitor via HDMI, DVI or Displayport. VGA is not supported so do not connect a cable to your graphics card's or your HP's onboard VGA output. If your monitor only has VGA input then use a DP to VGA adapter.
ahhh... after re-reading what I read several times.... I'll need a video card... NO VGA... got it. I was hoping to get limping along with the VGA for a while but I'll grab one and report back. Thx

I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse....
Had to re-read again and found this...

Using integrated graphics: The majority of these refurbished HP 6300 Pros come with an Intel CPU that has the HD2500 graphics chip integrated into the CPU. The I5-3470 is one example. There is no support in Sierra for HD2500. If you do buy one with an Intel CPU that has HD4000 (I7-3770) you could use the integrated graphics instead of a discrete card. See the following post for all of the desktop HD4000 CPUs that are still available. Ivy Bridge HD4000 CPU List

I should be able to use the integrated HD4000, correct??

I should be able to use the integrated HD4000, correct??
You can indeed use the integrated HD 4000 graphics but not through the VGA port because VGA is unsupported.

You can indeed use the integrated HD 4000 graphics but not through the VGA port because VGA is unsupported.
How would I get around that? Adaptor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back