Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tested HDMI audio to see if it works ? With my Nvidia graphics cards the analog audio works after first reboot after installing VDHDA kext. On the next reboot it stops working but HDMI still works.
I haven't tested HDMI audio out yet, only use for my second computer display which can't output the sound.

Thanks for the guide, trs96; and sharing the current prices. I just got my 8300 SFF with i7 3770 (HD400), 8G RAM, 1T HDD with Win7. It came with D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N PCIe Wifi card and is reported as working Natively and I plan to use this and buy a USB Bluetooth adapter for my trackpad and kbd.
Here is my plan. I want to set this up as a Multi-boot (OSX, Win7 & Ubuntu) and the steps that I plan to follow:
Create a Win7 USB Backup (startup drive) from my PC. Partition the HDD to 500G each and keep it aside for storing data.
To test it out initially, I'll use another USB flash drive to install OSX with UniBeast/MultiBeast. Once I'm able to get everything (Display, HDMI audio, Wifi, BT) working, I'll start with my real setup of multi-boot.
I'll get a 250G SSD, do a 3 partitions of ~80G each. Install Clover based OSX, get to to work, install Win7 and Ubuntu later.

Anything I need to be cautious about? Any

Anything I need to be cautious about? Any

Yes, you'll need to install Win7 and Ubuntu for UEFI booting.

I always prefer to put Windows and macOS on separate drives but you can install them to the same one.

Here's a good guide to follow by GB: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/
Note: the guide extends through posts #2 and #3 read through all of it.

Once you are ready to install to the SSD you could change:
Advanced → Option Rom → Storage Option Rom → UEFI Only

This will ensure that Windows and Ubuntu get installed for UEFI booting. Then you can select any of the three OS from the Clover bootloader screen and boot from there.

Last edited:
man, though it looks simple, it isn't :crazy:
I need to be careful on each step and understand each step before even starting..

Does installation work with VGA?
Apple have not used VGA in their products for more than ten years so unsurprisingly they do not include support for it in their operating system(s).

Does installation work with VGA? or I have to use other video output?

Not able to boot when I select "Boot Sierra from from USB"
It worked for me. I had 10 years old monitor with only VGA input.

Does installation work with VGA? or I have to use other video output?
Not able to boot when I select "Boot Sierra from from USB"
From Step 1 of the guide:
Connect a video cable to your monitor via HDMI, DVI or Displayport. VGA is not supported so do not connect with a 15 pin (blue) VGA cable. It's not going to work well with macOS Sierra, if at all.

This is 2017. LED LCD monitors are very inexpensive. All have at least HDMI inputs, some have DP. VGA (analog) is outdated tech.

It worked for me. I had 10 years old monitor with only VGA input.
On rare occasions it works with an older gfx card like the 210. Still it's better to go with a digital connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back