Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard something about USB changes in El Capitan and Sierra that may cause USB issues, since this does not happen on my Yosemite ssd. Can you help point me in the right direction please?

Since the 6300 Pro has an older 7 series chipset (Q75) and is an Ivy Bridge based system, the changes in El Capitan/Sierra do not affect the USB ports of the 6300. Raising the max port limit or installing USBinjectall kext and a custom ssdt are not part of this guide for that reason. If you have tried installing either of those you should remove them. The USB issues are being caused by something else.

As this is an install guide and not a support thread, you'll need to post in either Sierra desktop support or Post Installation ➔ Hardware Troubleshooting. The other advice I can give is to perform a clean install of Sierra, following just this guide for the 6300 Pro. The USB ports should work normally if they work in Yosemite and there is no hardware based issue.

Last edited:
Perfect I'll give it another go. Thank you!

Thanks for great guidance unfortunately I couldn't get sound to work. Until now. I found this post and used older VoodooHDA from it. It works! Here's 2.7.3 from it.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    164.1 KB · Views: 239
Thanks for great guidance unfortunately I couldn't get sound to work. Until now. I found this post and used older VoodooHDA from it. It works! Here's 2.7.3 from it.
Are you using a graphics card or the HD4000 ? The v02.9.0 works for HDMI audio but not analog. There is a note about that in post #2. If 2.7.3 works for you that's great, don't think it enables HDMI audio though.

Last edited:
Are you using a graphics card or the HD4000 ? The v02.90 works for HDMI audio but not analog. There is a note about that in post #2. If 2.7.3 works for you that's great, don't think it enables HDMI audio though.
You right. I messed up two different things. With older voodoo I enabled internal speaker and 3.5mm jack

Another Low Cost, Low Profile, Low Noise Graphics Option

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137140&cm_re=MSI_GeForce_GT_1030-_-14-137-140-_-Product
14-137-140-V03.jpg
This card from MSI is fanless and will fit even in the SFF version. It is unique for one of these GT1030 graphics cards.
It has DP 1.4 output along with HDMI. This means that with an active DP to HDMI adpater you could get 4K @ 60Hz on your 4K television with HDMI 2.0 input. Better yet it only costs about 76 dollars shipped. If you need the active adapter though, that will add more to the cost. Note: This card will not be suitable for AAA gaming titles, not powerful enough for those and it would get too hot as there is no fan to cool it. Is perfect for a 4K HTPC system. Will require install of the Nvidia web driver.

Club 3D active adapter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017BQ8I54/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Thanks for this guide trs96! I got an HP Elite 8300 CMT with the Core i7 3.4Ghz; 4GB RAM; Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT; and added an EVGA Nvidia GT 710 2GB (Dual DVI/Mini HDMI). I connected one of the DVI outs to the DVI (HDCP) port on my older Samsung SyncMaster 2494M 24" Monitor.

I'm new to Hackintosh so please excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I got everything to work except for playing DRM protected content in iTunes, such as movies. It just displays a black screen where the video should be and no sound. The time bar doesn't even move. I tried installing the latest Shiki.kext following the instructions at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-protected-video-black-screen-solution-hdcp.195083/ but no luck. Any help would be very welcome. Thank you!

Thanks for this guide trs96! I got an HP Elite 8300 CMT with the Core i7 3.4Ghz; 4GB RAM; Fenvi FV-T919 Wifi/BT; and added an EVGA Nvidia GT 710 2GB (Dual DVI/Mini HDMI). I connected one of the DVI outs to the DVI (HDCP) port on my older Samsung SyncMaster 2494M 24" Monitor.

I got everything to work except for playing DRM protected content in iTunes, such as movies. It just displays a black screen where the video should be and no sound. The time bar doesn't even move. I tried installing the latest Shiki.kext following the instructions at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-protected-video-black-screen-solution-hdcp.195083/ but no luck. Any help would be very welcome. Thank you!

Congratulations on your Elite 8300 success !
This problem started with Ivy bridge systems about 5 years ago. I don't own any DRM protected iTunes content so haven't tried to figure that one out. The best solution is probably to use a Windows install on your CustoMac and play them through that.

Here's another option/fix you can try to help with this:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/itunes-protected-video-black-screen-solution-hdcp.195083/

Last edited:
Thanks trs96.

Another issue that I've started having is that the Fenvi FV-T919 wireless stops working or becomes unbearingly slow after waking from sleep in Sierra 10.12.5. Turning off/then on wifi in the task bar doesn't do anything. Only a reboot into Sierra solves it. This doesn't happen when in Windows 10. Any ideas?

**EDIT: I think I figured this out by unchecking "Wake for network access" under Energy Saver in Control Panel. Hopefully, there will be a better solution in the future.

Last edited:
Trying to do this with a optiplex 7010. the motherboard does not have a PCI-E 1x slot or a plug in on the mb for the usb connection required for the Fenvi. Can I just use blue tooth adapter and wired internett connection and still be able to have Continuity and Handoff , facetime, and Imessage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back