Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you made a typo there MB should be GB instead. Windows XP, maybe you'd get by with 512 MB. Looks like you must be a developer to require that many operating systems all hopefully playing nice with each other. Nice work and I'm glad that this guide was helpful for you.
Yes. Edited. All 4 OSes on a 3TB hard disk with 512GB partitions. EFI allows multiboot to works nicely. I had to support many users on Windows, Linux, and Mac so I develop this system. I appreciate having this site and guides for Mac.

Any one braved the update to High Sierra yet?

I did it w/o APFS (SSD).
Bleutooth was a bit problematic with Sierra, now it seems better.Magic Keyboard and mouse work fine. Very occasional issues can be sorted if I remove USB bluetooth adapter and put back to same USB port. Maybe it is just my imagination but it seems to me that Magic mouse's battery life has improved with Hacktintosh. There was a problem with video on full screen on Safari but after NVIDIA web driver update it stopped. The only thing I noticed when I clicked the full screen video on Safari very first time it lags about 10-15 seconds but constitutive videos don't do that.
There was a deep sleep issue with Sierra, I think it has stopped after I moved to HS.

Hi, does the 8300 elite CMT Mainboard also work with Xeon CPUs? like the E3-1270v2 or v3 or maybe the 3770k version if the motherboard it oc capable? i will swap the power supply since i plan on adding a more powerful GPU later on? bc ( i plan on tuning it into a cheap gaming machine / Backup File server / ) i thought

Hi, does the 8300 elite CMT Mainboard also work with Xeon CPUs? like the E3-1270v2 or v3 or maybe the 3770k version if the motherboard it oc capable? i will swap the power supply since i plan on adding a more powerful GPU later on? bc ( i plan on tuning it into a cheap gaming machine / Backup File server / ) i thought
The V2 Xeon should work. V3 Xeons are Haswell and won't. There are no overclocking options with the 8300. You cannot use ECC memory so not much advantage to go with Xeon over i7. You might be better off using a Dell or Lenovo Server instead. P1LGRIM has a guide for the Think Server that would work. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-thinkserver-ts140-i3-4330-hd4600-yosemite-clover.171528/

Last edited:
That's encouraging news, confirming that the on-board hd4000 (assuming you using the the on-board video) can drive 2560x1440. Next is finding a affordable cable because my monitor has only dvd-d ports.
Sorry for confusion - yes I am using the on-board HD4000, native DisplayPort out to DisplayPort in on my monitor, getting 2560x1440. I also get working audio using the two kexts mentioned earlier in the thread (although you won't get that over DVI). Good luck with the adaptor hunt.

I've been on High Sierra and APFS since a day after its release. No issues here.

Great news, just by upgrading with App Store ? Maybe I will try ...
There is some prerequisites ?

Great news, just by upgrading with App Store ? Maybe I will try ...
There is some prerequisites ?

Yes, a few simple things you need to do. I outlined them HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back