Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BIOS sees the Ethernet card : Intel 82579LM connected
I tried using the Kext Wizard to install the appleintele1000e.kext , that didn't change anything.

Did you try the IntelMausiEthernet 2.2.0 kext ? Most have gotten the Intel LAN on the 8300 working with it. If it doesn't work then it may be a hardware failure, you can test the ethernet function out in Windows after you install the driver for the Intel LAN chip from the HP site. I also tested it with Snow Leopard and it worked without any 3rd party kexts at all. That's why it sounds like a hardware problem.

it didn't work with the intelmausi. So I shut down, disconnect the snowleopard disk drive and connect the windows disk drive. Booted up windows and the Ethernet works fine.

it didn't work with the intelmausi. So I shut down, disconnect the snowleopard disk drive and connect the windows disk drive. Booted up windows and the Ethernet works fine.
Good, that rules out a hardware problem. Some other possible problems. If you have set the safe mode boot flag that could be causing ethernet to not work. Did you use Multibeast after you had installed Snow Leopard ? That can create some problems, depending on what you selected. The other thing I can think of, you may be using a different version of iBoot than the Ivy bridge version. https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/iboot-ivy-bridge-1-1-0.156/ if so then burn a new CD with that and try it again.

One other question, which Snow Leopard compatible graphics card are you using ?

Last edited:
Good, that rules out a hardware problem. Some other possible problems. If you have set the safe mode boot flag that could be causing ethernet to not work. Did you use Multibeast after you had installed Snow Leopard ? That can create some problems, depending on what you selected.

I'm still using the iboot cd , it wont boot from disk yet. It doesn't give the option to boot in safe mode, only verbose, ignore caches and single user.
Yea I used multibeast after installing snow leopard because I couldn't continue on with the guide without Ethernet so I used it to try to get it going.
I guess at this point I'll have to start over.

Good, that rules out a hardware problem. Some other possible problems. If you have set the safe mode boot flag that could be causing ethernet to not work. Did you use Multibeast after you had installed Snow Leopard ? That can create some problems, depending on what you selected. The other thing I can think of, you may be using a different version of iBoot than the Ivy bridge version. https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/iboot-ivy-bridge-1-1-0.156/ if so then burn a new CD with that and try it again.

One other question, which Snow Leopard compatible graphics card are you using ?
I'm using the ivy bridge version.
I'm using the gigabyte GeForce gtx 1050 low profile

I'm using the ivy bridge version.
I'm using the gigabyte GeForce gtx 1050 low profile
You can't use the 1050 as it's too new for SL, no support. If you don't have an older gfx card like a 8400GS or a GT210 you can try and use the HD2500 on chip graphics (your 3470). Simply connect up an old VGA cable to your monitor if possible. When you remove the GTX 1050 and connect up a VGA cable to onboard gfx, the BIOS should switch to integrated automatically. It will just reboot once on it's own. I'll test it out with my 8300 and see if internet works using those.

Last edited:
You can't use the 1050 as it's too new for SL, no support. If you don't have an older gfx card like a 8400GS or a GT210 you can try and use the HD2500 on chip graphics (your 3470). Simply connect up an old VGA cable to your monitor if possible. When you remove the GTX 1050 and connect up a VGA cable to onboard gfx, the BIOS should switch to integrated automatically. It will just reboot once on it's own. I'll test it out with my 8300 and see if internet works using those.

I had bought an older card but didn't realize that it was a vga connection so I tried the 1050 to see if it would work. I have a display with snow leopard so I figured it works. I didn't think it would cause something else not to work for example Ethernet.

ok I switched out the cards and now have an older card, msi GeForce 8400. it didn't change anything but I discovered a work around by accident. When changing the cards I disconnected the PC's power cable and Ethernet cable for safety. After the new card was installed, I reconnected the power cable but forgot to connect the Ethernet cable. So after it booted up I noticed my mistake and connected the Ethernet cable and it connected to the internet. :)
I restarted the machine with the Ethernet cable in and then I get no internet. So I pull the Ethernet cable out, reboot, then when snow leopard is up I connect the Ethernet cable and instant connection to the internet.
I'm currently logged into the App Store on the snow leopard with my Apple ID, finally. I'm looking for el capitan to download, and then sierra. Hopefully this Ethernet problem will get fixed.

Sometimes you just need a little luck. I can verify what you are reporting about ethernet. If the cable is connected before boot up, it won't work. Even if you unplug it and re-plug it in it still won't work. It has to be disconnected before booting Snow Leopard. I'll add that to my snow leopard install notes. I had only tested SL on the Elite 8200 and it works OOB from 10.6.3 on. It can be plugged in before boot up too. Not sure why that is. They both have the same Integrated Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet

There are a few app store updates you'll be best to run first. Click on the  and then software update and you'll see two app store related updates you should run to make the App store work better. After you've installed those and rebooted then get El Capitan from the link here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/september/2017/#Operating_Systems

Last edited:
Sometimes you just need a little luck. I can verify what you are reporting about ethernet. If the cable is connected before boot up, it won't work. Even if you unplug it and re-plug it in it still won't work. It has to be disconnected before booting Snow Leopard. I'll add that to my snow leopard install notes. I had only tested SL on the Elite 8200 and it works OOB from 10.6.3 on. It can be plugged in before boot up too. Not sure why that is. They both have the Integrated Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet

There are a few app store updates you'll be best to run first. Click on the  and then software update and you'll see two app store related updates you should run to make the App store work better. After you've installed those and rebooted then get El Capitan from the link here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/septembbecer/2017/#Operating_Systems
what a journey, ive been going at this since Friday. I ran into another hassle while trying to download el capitan. The app store needed to verify my paypal acct, so I fixed that. Then when I click to download el capitan by signing in I get the notice on my Ipad because I have 2 factor authentication. I approve , get the code but theres no prompt on the snow leopard website. After finding out that I cant turn off 2 factor and searching for a solution, what finally worked was downloading and using the chrome browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back