Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Works perfectly without the web drivers, about this Mac reports the correct amount of VRAM. I just would like to say thank you for all of your help @trs96 I specifically purchased this PC because of your guide.

I deinstalled the web drivers because I was getting the black screen and artifacting as well. But are you using dual monitors?

This EVGA GTX 1050 Ti 4GB from Amazon is $10 off right now.

@sannyd I was using a single monitor setup. It works fine without the web drivers, only issue is about this mac only reports my GPU as 1GB when it is 2

I read that you can just change that with Hex Edit, but that it really doesn't matter in the end.

My problem is if I go to the Mac OS driver, it is very minimal and only has one resolution. Only the HDMI port also. And it is on projector mode?

I think I have spent so much time on it, I am just going to get the 1050 card and give that a shot. Hopefully it works better with the web driver.

It seems to me that because we are such a small population using the GT 630 with the web driver, it can be full of bugs (the black background and artifacts, like you said) and no one will fix it because, well, there's not many people using it.

Thanks for the reply! Hope you are having a great weekend!

@sannyd which brand of GT630 do you have ? If you don't want to spend a lot on a new card you can find many GT640s on Ebay that will work with the macOS drivers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-NVIDIA-...678787?hash=item5448fb41c3:g:AaYAAOSwH09ZN9yv

I have the PNY brand. It's alright. I don't mind since I have amazon Prime, and dear Jeff Bezos is so great with customer service, the time savings (if it works) is totally worth it to me. I've already spent like 2 days on this :)

Thank you so much for the guide! It is great, clear and awesome!

I'll update to let you know if the 1050 works better. It's more money, but we are talking 30 bucks over 2 days. I have the potential to make over 15 bucks a day :)

Looks like you've mixed the instructions from many different guides. Do a clean install and just follow my guide step by step. You shouldn't need nv_disable=1 for any part of the re-install. Then run M.Beast with just the choices in this guide. Reboot and your graphics should be fully working.

Okay. I'll redo the install now. I have followed only your guide.

In Unibeast when it asks for graphics injection do NOT select it, right? Just the 3 options in the picture? USB, Sierra and UEFI?

Thank you,

San

Screen Shot 2017-07-02 at 2.45.21 PM.jpg

Right, don't inject Nvidia.

Looks like you've mixed the instructions from many different guides. Do a clean install and just follow my guide step by step. You shouldn't need nv_disable=1 for any part of the re-install. Then run M.Beast (Step 7) with just the choices in this guide. Reboot and your graphics should be fully working. You don't need to apply any of the steps in Step 8 unless you want to get HDMI audio.
Then you would only disable SIP before installing the kext for audio.

Ok, clean install, and went to 7a, since I have the GT 630. Took the USB out, and now it boot loops. Any idea? anything I can show you to see what's causing the loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back