Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so everything is going great with this build. I just can not get a clover config that will work for me without having to mess with USB drives. As it is now, it will boot into Windows. I found some tips on youtube and InsaneMac, but still have not got it working. Anyone got a single drive dual boot (sierra and Win7) working with clover that can give me some tips?

OK, so everything is going great with this build. I just can not get a clover config that will work for me without having to mess with USB drives. As it is now, it will boot into Windows. I found some tips on youtube and InsaneMac, but still have not got it working. Anyone got a single drive dual boot (sierra and Win7) working with clover that can give me some tips?

Have you looked at Going Bald's dual booting guide yet ? If not follow those directions.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/

I just can not get a clover config that will work for me without having to mess with USB drives.

Are you saying you need to keep the USB flash drive with the macOS installer plugged in to boot?

I did try the multibooting_UEFI section before. These HPs have a really limited BIOS/UEFI interface. I am testing a tip I got about using easyUEFI under windows to make this work. I will report back.

Nope, still puzzled. A little more detail.

I have the Elite 8300 CMT. i5 CPU and GTX 660. When in MacOS Sierra it is great.
Boot loader is my issue.
I am running Win 7 Pro x64 using EFI
This is a single HD partitioned as GPT
200M EFI
468G MacOS
255G Win7

I found a trick with easyUEFI under windows.
I can add the Clover entry, move it to the top and when I reboot, I get Clover. I can reboot into MacOS as much as I want.
If I select Win7 NTFS from Clover it boots fine.

Then on a reboot, I go directly into Windows - No Clover.

If I repeat the easyUEFI trick then I can get back to MacOS. It works but seems a long workaround.

So to me it looks like Windows Bootloader, this HP and clover are fighting to see who is going to control the boots.
The BIOS/UEFI settings on this system are not great. If I reboot MacOS to MacOS I can see in the Boot Options section
Clover is listed as the primary boot. As soon as I go into Windows and look in the BIOS again, clover is got and replaced with Windows Bootloader. There has to be a way to trick or keep Win7 from updating this UEFI info.

PS I tried renaming the bootxxx.efi as outlined in the guide mentioned above. When I do that, after a MacOS boot, then Win7 boot - when I reboot the next time it fails and I have to boot off CD or USB.

What is the best option for a Wifi- BT native card that will fit in a HP Elite 8300 SFF
The most difficult part to find is the low profile bracket that you need for the SFF model. The wifi / BT cards themselves will easily fit in the PCI-e adapter. Most of the adapters are full height and don't come with a LP option.

Last edited:
Nope, still puzzled. A little more detail.

I have the Elite 8300 CMT. i5 CPU and GTX 660. When in MacOS Sierra it is great.
Boot loader is my issue.
I am running Win 7 Pro x64 using EFI
This is a single HD partitioned as GPT
200M EFI
468G MacOS
255G Win7

I found a trick with easyUEFI under windows.
I can add the Clover entry, move it to the top and when I reboot, I get Clover. I can reboot into MacOS as much as I want.
If I select Win7 NTFS from Clover it boots fine.

Then on a reboot, I go directly into Windows - No Clover.

If I repeat the easyUEFI trick then I can get back to MacOS. It works but seems a long workaround.

So to me it looks like Windows Bootloader, this HP and clover are fighting to see who is going to control the boots.
The BIOS/UEFI settings on this system are not great. If I reboot MacOS to MacOS I can see in the Boot Options section
Clover is listed as the primary boot. As soon as I go into Windows and look in the BIOS again, clover is got and replaced with Windows Bootloader. There has to be a way to trick or keep Win7 from updating this UEFI info.

PS I tried renaming the bootxxx.efi as outlined in the guide mentioned above. When I do that, after a MacOS boot, then Win7 boot - when I reboot the next time it fails and I have to boot off CD or USB.

You may want to run this by Going Bald in the multi-booting UEFI forum to get his input. It is always preferable to dual boot on separate drives but if you can't or don't want to do that you should still be able to dual boot on a single drive.

Thanks so much for the guide! I'm up and running with an 8300 SFF i7 and GTX 1050 Ti. Everything seems to be working smoothly.

I posted this elsewhere, so apologies for the crosspost, but does anyone know if there's a card I could use to connect thunderbolt? I have old FW800 drives that I sometimes have to use...

Thanks so much again.

Thanks so much for the guide! I'm up and running with an 8300 SFF i7 and GTX 1050 Ti. Everything seems to be working smoothly.

I posted this elsewhere, so apologies for the crosspost, but does anyone know if there's a card I could use to connect thunderbolt? I have old FW800 drives that I sometimes have to use...

Thanks so much again.

Here's a LP Firewire card you can try .https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S53IG8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Once you get it make sure it's the correct version of the chip as the post here shows:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/firewire-card-ti-chipsets.51077/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back