Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Motherboard
DeskMini 110 W (H110M-STX)
CPU
i3-7100
Graphics
HD 630
Hello there,
I have a HP 8300 SFF with Mojave. It works with no issue, but I want to add an external USB webcam to the setup. Do you have any advice what to buy or not buy?

Thanks
If you're on a budget, and don't mind ~720p, get a Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000; plug-n-play goodness on Macs-Hacs. It is of acceptable quality for coms and general purpose (all-around) use, IMHO. One can tweek it with "Webcam Settings", which I'm pretty sure is still on the App Store for free.

A better unit, still keeping within a budget, is the Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, which I use currently for making YT videos, etc.; One can tweek it with "Webcam Settings", as well, getting much better resolution & features. The software that comes with it and most others, (i.e., so-called 'Mac'-compatibles), &/or even 'made-for-Mac' models are way overpriced &/or the softwares they come with don't necessarily work...My 2¢

Motherboard
Dell 9020
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys and gals. I stopped my 6300s for Hackintoshing after upgraded. I use them for work computers(Win10) and while I was trying to fix something I messed them very badly and I cant start them up, it is nothing to do Windows, I cant even see HP logo , all black screen no video output and after a few seconds all fans start to blow at full speed. I think it is something to do with BIOS. I ended up in this situation after trying to handle KMODE exception error of Windows, the first one started to behave as described above and wanted to try SSD on the other 6300 to see whether it is an issue of SSD or other components and it caused the exact same thing for the second one.I know it is nothing to do Hackintosh but you might have an idea since it is (I guess BIOS related). Thanks in advance