Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking the lag of drivers include all nvidia.
It's mainly the 600 series first gen Kepler cards that have glitches. Especially ones with the GK106 GPU. It's a well documented problem, even with real Macs. Big Sur has dropped all support for any Macs with 600 series Nvidia cards.

Screen_Shot.jpg

I updated my 8300 to Clover r5126. After that, the Display (HD4000) started to flicker on one of the display with DP. Literally unusable on this display.
Another Display with DP, doesn't show anything at all.

At this time I should have reverted to prev working version of the Clover, but i continued with Big Sur update. Update went through fine, but the display issue continues. any help ?

At this time I should have reverted to prev working version of the Clover, but i continued with Big Sur update. Update went through fine, but the display issue continues. any help ?
I wouldn't advise using Clover 5126 with Big Sur. OC is going to be the better choice there. Sniki will be posting his OC guide for the HP 8300 and Big Sur. Be looking for that in his posts very soon, before the end of this month.

Search for his profile, click on follow and you'll get a notification as soon as it goes live on this site.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

I'm looking to upgrade my old HP8300 from High Sierra to Big Sur in the near future. I have been using a GT1030, therefore stuck on 10.13, but it has been replaced by a GT730 now.

I'm running Clover and my SSD is almost full. So I plan on a "new start" with a bigger SSD and OpenCore.

Would a good plan be to get a new SSD ready, wait for Sniki's guide and when it's out make a fresh install with OC on a new SSD? And when I'm up and running, start to migrate data from my old installation?

Or is there anything, I could/should do differently?

Would a good plan be to get a new SSD ready, wait for Sniki's guide and when it's out make a fresh install with OC on a new SSD? And when I'm up and running, start to migrate data from my old installation?
That's what I would do. OC and Big Sur works best with a clean installation.

Reactions: PBL
I wouldn't advise using Clover 5126 with Big Sur. OC is going to be the better choice there. Sniki will be posting his OC guide for the HP 8300 and Big Sur. Be looking for that in his posts very soon, before the end of this month.

Search for his profile, click on follow and you'll get a notification as soon as it goes live on this site.

View attachment 496548
In order to download BS, I will need to change 13,2 to something else? What should I use and can I simply edit the config.plist and continue with 10.15.7 for now? I will wait for Sniki's guide to upgrade my 8300.

In order to download BS, I will need to change 13,2 to something else?
Make a copy of your existing config.plist and rename it so you know it's the original one. You can leave it in your EFI folder. Then edit the config.plist and change it to iMac 15,1. Then go to the MAS to download BS. Should work.

View attachment 496548
Thanks, that worked.

Last edited:
That's what I would do. OC and Big Sur works best with a clean installation.
I switched to 15,1 and stayed on 10.16.7 but I notice now that 8300 wakes up immediately after being put to sleep. Not sure if that was because of the change. I re-did some of the (disable) hibernation terminal commands, but no effect. Any ideas how I can to fix that? Life has been so good, this is very annoying. Thanks.

Edit....Never mind. I forgot that I have to shut off the USB attached external hard disk dock.

*** Feel free to delete this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back