Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have any trouble with the length of the card you can use the PCI Express extender with no FPS downside. It costs like $10.
I was referring to the Dell 9020 MT case which is really mATX size unlike the full size HP 8300 MT. The extender isn't of much use in the Dell. That is all covered in my Golden Build thread for the Dell 7020/9020. Dell put the two slot 3.5" HDD cage in the way and it blocks cards over 10" in length.

Last edited:

Attachments

• WP_20191103_15_53_12_Rich.jpg
    WP_20191103_15_53_12_Rich.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 43
Now it stops booting.
If you followed this guide you would be not be injecting kexts via Clover, they would be installed to /L/E. So I wouldn't use it unless you can install the kext to /L/E where all your other kexts are located.

From the Github repo:

Screen Shot 21.jpg

If you followed this guide you would be not be injecting kexts via Clover, they would be installed to /L/E. So I wouldn't use it unless you can install the kext to /L/E where all your other kexts are located.

From the Github repo:

View attachment 434268
Thank xou for your fast reply. Can you tell me what /L/E is?
How can i disble this? I tried to ignore this two kext by disable this two kexts clover.

Thank xou for your fast reply. Can you tell me what /L/E is?
It's the Library/Extensions folder on the hard drive's main partition where macOS is installed. The kexts/other folder is in the Clover folder on the EFI partition. You should delete the realtek kexts that were installed there.

It's the Library/Extensions folder on the hard drive's main partition where macOS is installed. The kexts/other folder is in the Clover folder on the EFI partition. You should delete the realtek kexts that were installed there.
With the terminal integrated in Clover i navigated already to fsX:ESI/Clover/Kexts/Other and deleted them.
68747470733a2f2f6932352e73657276696d672e636f6d2f752f6632352f31382f35302f31382f36392f73637265656e39342e706e67

Maybe it makes sens to delete the other folders on the hard drive? But I was not sure about it.

Maybe it makes sens to delete the other folders
If you are using a realtek USB dongle it's best to simply install the driver from TP-Link that works. I wouldn't mess with anything from Github. What is the exact model of USB dongle you have ?

If you are using a realtek USB dongle it's best to simply install the driver from TP-Link that works. I wouldn't mess with anything from Github. What is the exact model of USB dongle you have ?

There is no catalina support for now. I used this Driver https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter but this lost Connection. Therefor I tried to use the other Driver for clover.
It model is TL-WN823Nv3

There is no catalina support for now.
If you want Wifi for Catalina it's best to buy a supported Broadcom card with a PCIe adapter. They don't cost much more than the USB dongles and are many times faster. No need to mess with 3rd party drivers either. The Fenvi HB1200 has a low profile bracket for the SFF HP models. Fits with no problems. You also get working integrated Bluetooth.

If you want Wifi for Catalina it's best to buy a supported Broadcom card with a PCIe adapter. They don't cost much more than the USB dongles and are many times faster. No need to mess with 3rd party drivers either. The Fenvi HB1200 has a low profile bracket for the SFF HP models. Fits with no problems. You also get working integrated Bluetooth.

Thnk you :) Bit for now I would love to fix the boot Problem. Do you think it is fixable or should I reinstall all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back