Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite full size tower
CPU
i7 - 3770
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Gave that a try and it didn't seem to take. Finally I unplugged my USB Installer and my extra drive I was using to create my fusion drive and configure the EFI Folder to then copy over, and gave it another restart and it now is all correct!

Motherboard
CPU
i7 - 3770
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes!, if you succeed in booting the fusion drive into macOS let us know. I'd be really interested to hear if you can get it working.
Also compare prices with NVMe and SSD, they're roughly equal, sometimes you can find cheaper NVMe drives than same storage capacity SSD!. you can get macOS to boot from an NVMe on your board via an adapter in either the PCIe X 4 or PCIe X 16 slot, and it's very fast!. Twice as fast than a fusion drive on a 2014 Mac mini in my experience.

So far that seems to have done the trick! I have only the fusion drive connected, my USB Installer and my external bootable HDD both with clover are both disconnected entirely from the machine and it booted into clover and everything seems to work!... Most things at least. I don't have audio from the 3.5mm line out on the back of the machine so still working on that.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Finally I unplugged my USB Installer
You were booting from your USB installer which is set to iMac 14,2 that's why you saw that in about this mac.

Motherboard
CPU
i7 - 3770
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I honestly didn’t even think about that! Haha here I am pulling my hair out over something so simple! Lol can you tell I’m still a bit of a noob? Thanks for y’all’s help! Seems I finally got it all working, even audio AND the Fusion Drive! Whoop whoop!

Still getting a sleep wake failure though that causes it to restart. Anyone know where I can start with that one?

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GT710
sorry if this has been asked before

how do i update from Sierra to High Sierra?

And from HS to Mojave?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
sorry if this has been asked before

how do i update from Sierra to High Sierra?

And from HS to Mojave?
You don't have to start with Sierra. If you have an Nvidia Pascal graphics card like a 1050 or 1050 Ti go with High Sierra. If you have HD4000 or AMD compatible graphics you could start out with Mojave first.

Motherboard
HP 8300
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GT710
I have installed Sierra already with my GT1030.

Also have another setup with the RX560.

How do I go about updating both systems?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have installed Sierra already with my GT1030.

Also have another setup with the RX560.

How do I go about updating both systems?
Couple of ways. You can make s new Unibeast installer with High Sierra using Unibeast for High Sierra. Then you would install just like you did Sierra except that you don't format the hdd/SSD that Sierra is installed to. That way all of the data and progams you've added to Sierra don't get erased. The other way is to update via the Mac App store just like on a regular Mac that Apple makes. With the second approach you would be best to update Clover and your kexts first to make sure they will work.

Motherboard
HP 8300
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GT710
Couple of ways. You can make s new Unibeast installer with High Sierra using Unibeast for High Sierra. Then you would install just like you did Sierra except that you don't format the hdd/SSD that Sierra is installed to. That way all of the data and progams you've added to Sierra don't get erased. The other way is to update via the Mac App store just like on a regular Mac that Apple makes. With the second approach you would be best to update Clover and your kexts first to make sure they will work.

Thanks for the steps. Have upgraded my OS except for one of the machines with an Nvidia GT 1030. Resolution is stuck at 1024 x 768. Install Nvidia web drivers doesn't work. OS is 10.13.6.
Is the GT 1030 unsupported?