Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Motherboard
HP 8300 657094-001
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi I'm have a problem with my Gigabyte 1050ti OC dual screen config if boot it with just one screen nothing wrong happens, if I boot it with two screens I get two black screens with no signal.
I had this segment of code on the plist
Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
after seaching for a solution I read on a thread from another forum to add this sement of to solve this issue

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
        <key>BootDisplay</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
        <key>DualLink</key>
        <integer>1</integer>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
                <key>ATI</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Intel</key>
                <false/>
                <key>NVidia</key>
                <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaGeneric</key>
        <false/>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>VRAM</key>
        <integer>4095</integer>
        <key>VideoPorts</key>
        <integer>2</integer>
</dict>
I get the same result with or without the code change.
Does anyone know a solution for this issue?

My rig & config

config.plist
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Graphics
GTX 460
My other hack is an older quad core xeon gigabyte dealio. It was really nice 6 years ago, but with today's gopro file sizes (4k is unbearably slow) I needed an update...

I came across your guide doing a google search for hackintoshes on ebay. the models available surprised me, and led me to google "hp 8300 hackintosh" and I arrived here. This is one of the most comprehensive, well done tutorials I've come across, for ANYTHING. Thanks for putting all the time and effort into detailing it step by step. This is a job VERY well done.

I have only installed my hack on the 8300 so far, have not enabled sound or nvidia drivers yet, but I'm very impressed with the speed and simplicity of osx on this desktop. I'll be buying another pair for the kids to use.

Just a thank you and a hat tip to your efforts. :)

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I have only installed my hack on the 8300 so far, have not enabled sound or nvidia drivers yet, but I'm very impressed with the speed and simplicity of osx on this desktop. I'll be buying another pair for the kids to use.
This was a community effort with a goal of having a build that anyone, with no previous experience could succeed at. The result being a low cost and capable CustoMac that can run the latest version of macOS, without costing a fortune.

Since these cost so little and work so well I wanted everyone to know about this option. That's why this guide was written.
Glad to hear you're happy with yours. :thumbup: You can also take a look at the Dell Optiplex guide. Those are the same gen as the HP 8300 and work quite well. I've got one HP 6300 Pro and two Dells that I'm running HS and Mojave on. The USFF Optiplex with an i5-3475S or I7-3770 and an SSD works about as well with Mojave as the new $800 Mac mini. Without all of the thermal throttling problems. The main sacrifice made when choosing the Dell or HP USFF is no Thunderbolt 3 and no option to go past 16GB of ram. For a general use machine they perform really well and are very efficient.

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I get the same result with or without the code change.
Does anyone know a solution for this issue?
Have you tried installing WhateverGreen Kext and Lilu to /L/E ?

Motherboard
HP 8300 657094-001
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
I add the kexts at /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and I get both black screens. :|
Every time that I boot I need to unplug the HDMI from the monitor, then when the OS is loaded I plug it again and I get a normal image.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
I add the kexts at /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and I get both black screens. :|
tried installing WhateverGreen Kext and Lilu to /L/E or /Library/Extensions on your system drive.

You can also boot with only one monitor connected and then connect the second one when you reach the desktop.
If you don't reboot very often it's certainly something you could live with.

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP 8300 657094-001
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 1050Ti
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
tried installing WhateverGreen Kext and Lilu to /L/E or /Library/Extensions on your system drive.

You can also boot with only one monitor connected and then connect the second one when you reach the desktop.
If you don't reboot very often it's certainly something you could live with.
sorry I didn't understood
I add the kexts to the /Library/Extensions and I get the same issue.
Yes is doable but I would like to find a solution to avoid stress on the video ports.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
I5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
sorry I didn't understood
I add the kexts to the /Library/Extensions and I get the same issue.
Yes is doable but I would like to find a solution to avoid stress on the video ports.
This is a common problem when using Nvidia graphics. You can find hundreds of posts here on this topic. So if you keep searching those and try various techniques that worked for others you may be able to resolve this.

Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
iBook
Setting up the USB now. UniBeast is about a slow as the last time I tried it (which ended up failing spectacularly because my 3,1 mini has a badly failing motherboard and randomly loses USB connection). My 7,2 Air is much newer and has 100% better ports.

Can't actually do the install until I get paid and can get a DisplayPort to VGA adapter, though.

Motherboard
HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF
CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
HD 2500 /GT 710
Hi all,

My HP6300 (20G RAM) with GT 710 works great with High Sierra, even took the latest updates.
My GT 710 works with 2 monitors and no web driver and sound also great.

SOOOOO....should I try to Update to Mojave? Want to know if anyone have done this. Will my GT 710 still work well? I heard Nvidia not supported, so not sure.

Thanks!