Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops updated to latest 10.14.3 Mojave, and no sound. It was working on 10.14.2. I've re-checked my SSDT setup and all is as specified.

Anyone have any idea? Boot time is also quite long.
Are you using AppleALC and Lilu to enable audio ? Voodoo ? Patched DSDT ?

Yes, AppleALC and Lilu.
If you don't have the latest versions you might try updating to those first. Delete the existing ones and then install newer ones with Kextbeast to /L/E rebuild caches.

1 Specifically which wireless adapter ?
2 Have you connected the BT cable to the USB 2 (media header) ?
3 You can try the following SSDT for USB. Place it in Clover/ACPI/patched folder on your system drive.
Reboot and then test out your GoPro again.

1 this is the adapter I purchased and tried: EDUP WiFi Adapter ac600Mbps Wireless USB Adapter 5.8GHz/2.4GHz Dual Band 600Mbps USB Adapter 2dBi External
2 I haven't changed any of the connector locations yet. I must have missed that portion of the install instructions.
3 i'll give that a try today. I've had a decent amount of trouble trying to make sense of the Clover/ssdt terminology so far. generally when I do anything 'new' with clover or chameleon boot loaders, or configuration files, I end up with a non booting system. currently i have two partitions on my hackintosh ssd: first partition= 'testing' and second partition = 'stable'. normally when I screw up the clover/chameleon config and it won't boot the 'testing' partition i'll just copy over the 'stable' partition to 'testing' and try again. the kexts/dsdt/boot stuff is really difficult for me, as I am blindly following instructions with no understanding of what is happening. i need 'why' to get what is happening.

this is the adapter I purchased and tried: EDUP WiFi Adapter ac600Mbps Wireless USB Adapter 5.8GHz/2.4GHz Dual Band 600Mbps USB Adapter 2dBi External
That will work with the correct drivers installed. It's not natively supported.
You could try the TP-link driver (10.13 version) for their WN725N USB dongle. It has the same chip in it.

Last edited:
That will work with the correct drivers installed. It's not natively supported.
You could try the TP-link driver (10.13 version) for their WN725N USB dongle. It has the same chip in it.

man y'all really know your way around this stuff !
that worked splendid, but i ordered another wifi dongle that is said to be supported natively just for fun.

i spent a week using Windows 10 and thought "this isn't too terrible" but whew mac os is soooooo much better to be back in !

I'm REALLY digging this fast and easy to use hack !

I'm REALLY digging this fast and easy to use hack !
Great to hear it worked. What kind of speeds are you getting with the EDUP ? Download and upload ?
Also put the name and model of your HP in your profile. For example, HP 8300 SFF in the Motherboard section.
Then fill in your CPU and graphics info too. It's required by the site rules.

If you don't have the latest versions you might try updating to those first. Delete the existing ones and then install newer ones with Kextbeast to /L/E rebuild caches.

I just updated and still same problem. Lilu is 1.3.3 and AppleALC is 1.3.5.

No go. In Preferences -> Sound -> Output is empty.

Any ideas? This was working! Wish I had a backup to go to, but my clone backup is at current level. Damm.

Last edited:
I just updated and still same problem. Lilu is 1.3.3 and AppleALC is 1.3.5.

No go. In Preferences -> Sound -> Output is empty.

Any ideas? This was working! Wish I had a backup to go to, but my clone backup is at current level. Damm.
You might look through the audio section of the forum for the troubleshooting ideas. Use "no audio devices" as a search term.

You might look through the audio section of the forum for the troubleshooting ideas. Use "no audio devices" as a search term.

On a whim tried VoodooHDA and AppleHDADisabler and boom sound.

And boot time is much faster. There must have been something wrong at boot up. If I wanted to debug, any way to logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back