Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had tried once in the past with similar results. But the additional Preference Pane was confusing... It allowed choosing the video card or the on board audio, but changing settings never stuck. I ended up removing it rather quickly.

Does anyone using a GT710 have a chance to test out the Voodoo HDA 2.8.8 kext with an install via the pkg. installer from Sourceforge.net ? https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/?source=typ_redirect You will need to uninstall any other Voodoo HDA kexts you have installed previously. Reboot after you've emptied the trash.

If you test that I'd like to know if you get both working HDMI audio and the analog audio jacks working at the same time. When you plug in headphones in the front right jack, do you get audio. (the option should appear in Preferences/Sound) Same from the rear panel green audio line out jack. Thanks !

not testing it myself, but reference to this test was made in the Snazzylabs video, HP 6300, i5 3470 cpu, gtx 750 ti, Samsung SSD

skip to 4:50
I don't know how I not noticed this information. This video was the one that made me buy tower 8300 i7-3770 with 12GB RAM. Going to make it work tomorrow if everything goes ok :)

I have "spare" GTX 1070 and PSU 550W but there is no way i could power this in HP 8300 :(

I don't know how I not noticed this information. This video was the one that made me buy tower 8300 i7-3770 with 12GB RAM. Going to make it work tomorrow if everything goes ok :)

I have "spare" GTX 1070 and PSU 550W but there is no way i could power this in HP 8300 :(
For FCP X the higher powered Nvidia cards don't make as much of a difference. Poor Opencl performance. Switching to an AMD card though speeds things up quite a bit. Give a GTX 1050 Ti a try and see how it performs. I'm certain it will perform better than your 2015 MBP does in many areas.

Last edited:
I'm trying to make MSI RX 460 2GB working. I have i7-3770 with iGPU and i literally don't care about black screen during booting.

If all works then i'm going to sell few components :) from my Skylake gaming pc. I don't have time to play but definityl started to notice lack of horsepower in MBP in some scenarios.

I just completed a HP 6300 Pro SFF build using a Nvidia GT 710 and Sierra

My issue seems to be with deep sleep.
Im setup with same GPU and not seeing this behaviour both sleep and waking always seem to behave as expected.

Just tried the 2.8.8 kext on an 8300 with GT710 - both HDMI and mb front and rear appear but selecting the HDMI options greys out the sound symbol and although the analogue front and rear ports give sound there is a constant clicking (at about 3 times a sec).

Just tried the 2.8.8 kext on an 8300 with GT710 - both HDMI and mb front and rear appear but selecting the HDMI options greys out the sound symbol and although the analogue front and rear ports give sound there is a constant clicking (at about 3 times a sec).
The fix for the clicking is described in Step #9 of this guide. The VHDA prefpane is attached at the end of post #1. It's normal that when you select HDMI audio the analog options get grayed out. You can't use both at the same time.

I strongly suspect Im missing something essential to understanding sound on hackintoshes - Ive had (very) little success (ever) and here dont seem to be seeing expected outcomes.

Just reinstalled the VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg by expanding the zip and then running the install - all seems to go ok - reboot and I see 2 Digital outs, line out and analogue audio.
After a reboot, selecting Analogue audio as output gets sound from the PC's internal speaker, Line out gets sound from rear green socket, and nothing from the monitor if either HDMI is selected. A constant clicking on the rear green socket output no matter which sound output is selected.

If I double click on the VoodooHDA.prefPane - I get a popup that says 'You cant Install the "VoodooHDA" preferences. "VoodooHDA" preferences is installed with macOS and can't be replaced.' If I then copy over the file to /S/L/PreferencePanes I'm asked to provide the admin password and it copies over fine. After a reboot nothing new appears in system preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back