Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
TP-Link makes many different wifi adapters. Which one are you using ? If it is not natively recognized by macOS and you use a third party driver, it would make sense that Siri doesn't recognize that you have Wifi. You would need to buy and install either a natively supported Broadcom chip in an adapter or use a compatible TP-Link card that fits in your PCIe x1 slot. Here are two examples:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GMPZ0A/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

If you'd like Bluetooth as well then go with this Fenvi Wifi/BT card instead:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FV-T919-De...948048?hash=item2cd4743ad0:g:Bf8AAOSwCFta~XgT
These also support Continuity and Handoff.

Another option, plug in an ethernet cable and turn on location services. Then Siri can tell you what the weather is where you are.

And last but not least, ask Siri "What is the weather in **** *** ?" insert the city and country in which you live.

Hi @trs96
its the TP-Link on page 11 on the post...
TL-WN725N
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008IFXQFU/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

i see i should have gone PCIe x1 type WIFI my bad :(
to be honest i had the chance to get the AC1900 TP-Link one which i knew it was MacOs compatible but i went cheep and got the USB one instead plus i was also scared it wont for my Micro-tower HP-8300... i get one or order one of those you suggested next months salary

Thanks bro :)

Edit: i tried searching the weather via saying my country location it worked :)

Hello,

please Pardon my Poor English. I'm not a native speaker. I had the Chance to Buy an HP 8300 USDT with 8GB very cheap and want to use it as a learning machine for my nephew. I have change the Harddrive to a 250 GB SSD and learned that I have a Challenge with the i5. So I ordered a i5 3550 and Started installing as described here and felt lucky.

The System could be installed as expected. I made the changes with multibeast and bootet again.
afterwards I had the screen with several Options but whatever i try from the internal drive i Receive a blank screen with a white circle and crossbar (looks like a traffic sign to me) and the machine is dead.

if i boot from the Installation drive and with that drive from the internal one the System Starts with the login screen. How can I make this work without external drive?

thanks for your help and Patience

just to Add further Information:

i have installed high sierra and i'm using the display Port 1

For the USDT model, you'd want the i5-3475S CPU. That has HD4000 while the 3550 only has HD2500 integrated graphics which are not supported.
Uppps
I extra bought that one because I thought that it is newer then the i5 3470 ...

Which processor would you recommend for that machine?

Actually it runs with the graphics but it tells that it is 2500 (I've just checked and it is low resolution (1024x768)

Uppps
I extra bought that one because I thought that it is newer then the i5 3470 ...

Which processor would you recommend for that machine?

Here's a list of the possible choices. Pick any one of these. Most can be found used on Ebay.com

HD 4000 Graphics Ivy Bridge CPUs

Intel Core i7 3770

Intel Core i7 3770S

Intel Core i5 3475S

Intel Core i3 3245

Intel Core i3 3225

Thank you ... do you think that there is a temperature issue with a i7? I try to find an i5 (I'm living in Germany so I have to look for different offers, but thank you very much for your help). I feel really stupid right now. Thought that I did something good with extra buying this process :(

Thank you ... do you think that there is a temperature issue with a i7? I try to find an i5 (I'm living in Germany so I have to look for different offers, but thank you very much for your help). I feel really stupid right now. Thought that I did something good with extra buying this process :(
You can use the i7-3770S version which runs cooler than the non "S" version. Make sure to put some good quality thermal paste on the IHS when you install it.

For anyone else interested in the USDT model. See the guide in post #1

Screen_Shot.jpg

I only have to say THANK YOU for making this tutorial, It allowed me to keep working when my old imac died.

However, I have several troubles running Adobe after effects in a HP 8300 MT i5 with 12GB of RAM and the MSI GT 1030 LP 2GB. Which upgrades do you recommend me? Maybe processor or a better GPU?

I didn't mount it thinking in using it to work with after effects. However, I recently had to learn to use it for job purposes. After effects runs slow and usually freezes with the previews and render.

Thank you again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back