Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arctic F9 PWM Fan to replace Stock HP Fans
If your CPU fan is making too much noise, I'd highly suggest you replace it with one of these 92mm fans from Arctic. With low RPM settings via your BIOS these work well when using your HP in a home theater setup where silence is important.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002QVLBPO/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You can regulate the speeds through the HP BIOS.
See the following post for how to do this. Click here to view

A low cost way to make your HP even quieter. Only for the HP SFF and MT form factor PCs. USDT models need 60mm fans.
Here's a PWM version that is not PST. F9 PWM Rev. 2 at a low price, free shipping.

The new OEM fans made by Foxconn cost a few dollars more than the Arctic fans. HP OEM case/cpu fans on Ebay
Buy these if you need 3000+ RPM fan speeds. (For gaming, video editing or other CPU intensive uses)

51RZkLHqq1L._SL1000_.jpg

The Arctic fans stay at around 1800 RPM when you set the fan idle mode all the way to the farthest right setting. For the quietest results select the farthest left setting to keep them silent when when your HP is idling.

Screen_Shot_20.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to know your opinion about the suggested Graphics Cards. I don't now know which one to choose. I will use this this computer for digital painting and I need to use 2 monitors, 1 for working and the other for videos tuts or reference images.
Which GPU board should I buy?

I would like to know your opinion about the suggested Graphics Cards. I don't now know which one to choose. I will use this this computer for digital painting and I need to use 2 monitors, 1 for working and the other for videos tuts or reference images.
Which GPU board should I buy?
MSI RX560 now has full support in High Sierra. You can connect one 4K monitor via Displayport and one 1440p or 1080p monitor via the HDMI port. Also, there's no need to update Nvidia drivers with every point update of macOS. A 1050 Ti LP is good if you want to game in Windows but it sounds like you'll mostly use macOS High Sierra.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137308&cm_re=MSI_Radeon_RX_560-_-14-137-308-_-Product At $110 AR this is the best choice now for the HP 8300 SFF model.

4GB of Vram (very good for dual monitors)
All Solid Capacitors
10 years long lifetime under full load.
Lower temperature and higher efficiency.
Aluminum core for higher stability.
Dual Fans Thermal Design
Low Profile Design (bracket is included)
14-137-308-V03.jpg

Last edited:
MSI RX560 now has full support in High Sierra. You can connect 1 4K monitor via Displayport and one 1440p or 1080p monitor via the HDMI port. Also, there's no need to update Nvidia drivers with every point update of macOS. A 1050 Ti LP is good if you want to game in Windows but it sounds like you'll mostly use macOS High Sierra.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137308&cm_re=MSI_Radeon_RX_560-_-14-137-308-_-Product At $110 AR this is the best choice now for the HP 8300 SFF model.

All Solid Capacitors
10 years long lifetime under full load.
Lower temperature and higher efficiency.
Aluminum core for higher stability.
Dual Fans Thermal Design
Low Profile Design (bracket is included)
View attachment 344364

I'm from europe and I can't find that gpu card any alternative?

I'm from europe and I can't find that gpu card any alternative?
Either a GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti would work. Nvidia Web drivers are required as per the guide.

Hi i got a Hp Compaq Elite 8300 MT with Zotac Zone Gt710 running Macos High Sierra 10.13.5
i followed everything as per the instructions and it all worked better than i expected but i run into a problem
i have two monitors one LG 23" Full HD LED Connected to DVI port and another is my main home TV Sharp 43" Full HD LED connected to HDMI mirroring Display not separate, all works find and supper good but when i turn off my computer and leave then after some hours i come and turn it on the display will show on my 43" while my 23" still in sleep mode when it reaches to the apple logo it loads then suddenly went black screen no image at all but when i power down and disconnected the HDMi Cable of the 43" then it works again like normal then i replug the HDMI again and working as normal i have to do this every time now is there any solution for my problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back