Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks

'm sure it'll all improve with the GT 1030.

Lunchtime update:

MSI GT 1030 arrived. Swapped full size bracket for included LP bracket, card installed.

Connected to 4k monitor via DP.

Booted. Monitor detects input just fine. Resolution comes up at 4k res, obviously struggling (window blind effect ripples up screen). Identifies as unknown 33MB display.

Nvidia web drivers downloaded and installed.

Clover Configurator mistakenly updated for both Inject Nvidia under Graphics and under System Parameters, NvidiaWeb set to True.

Rebooted. System boots fast, 4k res, no graphic anomalies. Graphics come up as "Unknown 256MB" - much smoother.

Guide consulted. Error identified: InjectNvidia removed from Graphics in Clover.

Rebooted. Success. Much faster booting time than previous HD4000. Display correctly identifies as GT 1030 2GB.

Yay.
FullSizeRender 35.jpg

Hi, first of all... What an amazing guide. I want to build my first customac (for software development and maybe some editing) would you recommend me this build? And I'm also curious, what's the geekbench score on your build?

Greetings from Panama!

Hi, first of all... What an amazing guide. I want to build my first customac (for software development and maybe some editing) would you recommend me this build? And I'm also curious, what's the geekbench score on your build?

Greetings from Panama!
Glad you like the guide. I've got the I5-3470 quad core which should be good for what you want to do. Here's the GB 3 numbers.

_______________ Single Core _______________________ Multi-Core

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Turbo boost goes up to 3.6 GHz - If you need 4 cores / 8 threads you can get the I7-3770.

Last edited:
Hi, sorry to bother... I know it says it right there in the Title, but just to double check (I'm about to buy the desktop and I havent been able to find an i7 so far) Will this guide work with the Elite 8300?

Hi, sorry to bother... I know it says it right there in the Title, but just to double check (I'm about to buy the desktop and I havent been able to find an i7 so far) Will this guide work with the Elite 8300?
Yes, just as well as the 6300.

Hi again, just bought the HP 8300 (i7) and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I stumbled upon this video tutorial, maybe you'll like it:

The guy in the video manages to change the PSU.

Hi again, just bought the HP 8300 (i7) and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I stumbled upon this video tutorial, maybe you'll like it:

The guy in the video manages to change the PSU.

I don't recommend changing the PSU even though it's possible. It creates some problems that you don't want. Rewiring the 4 pin connector causes you to lose PSU fan regulation. Not a good idea. The stock 320W PSU is more than enough for a 1050/Ti GPU. It also makes a cable management mess if you use a non-modular PSU. That will affect airflow and cooling. The person in the Y.T. video puts in an R9 280X that is very power hungry, that's why he must upgrade the PSU. A GTX 1050 Ti 4GB will perform just as well for gaming, use less power and doesn't require any modding. It just makes more sense.

Last edited:
Here's some interesting numbers for gamers on a budget. This info is from the Tech Deals Youtube channel. He compared an older Sandy Bridge I5-2400 to similar PCs (Haswell and Skylake Core I5 3.1 GHz CPU) while playing some popular games, AAA titles. Each computer had the exact same graphics and 16 GB of ram. He found that having a newer 4th or 6th Generation I5 doesn't make any significant difference in 1080p gaming at Ultra settings compared to the 2nd Gen. I5-2400. The I5-3470 is a 3rd Gen. Core I5 and clocked at 100 MHz faster. The GTX 1050 Ti he used was the EVGA 4GB Superclocked version that is listed in post #1.

Screen Shot 4.jpg Screen Shot 3.jpg

So if you get the I5-3470 at 3.2GHz and 16 GB of ram. You can expect some excellent gaming framerates with your GTX 1050 Ti. It will save you a lot of money over building a new Skylake or Kabylake gaming rig.

Last edited:
Just FYI:
Amazon has a coupon for $16.67 off of $163.66 on the
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N105TD5-4GD). Not the greatest of deals, but 1050 Tis have been hard to come by under $150 lately with all of the hype around this particular build.
gigabyte_gv_n105td5_4gd_geforce_gtx_1050_ti_1478097368000_1294350.jpg

EDIT: Deal is dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back