Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Motherboard
HP Elite 8300 CMT
CPU
i7 -3770
Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am having a delay between BIOS screen and Clover GUI. ....

This sounds a lot like the "POST Delay" option in the HP's UEFI System Setup. It's under the "Advanced Options" menu. It can be set to off, 5 sec, 10 sec, and so on. I have mine set to 5 seconds to give me a better chance of hitting ESC or F10 at the right time.

Motherboard
Dell 9020
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This sounds a lot like the "POST Delay" option in the HP's UEFI System Setup. It's under the "Advanced Options" menu. It can be set to off, 5 sec, 10 sec, and so on. I have mine set to 5 seconds to give me a better chance of hitting ESC or F10 at the right time.
Thanks for your reply but I havent changed any settings since I have installed the Hackintosh. But I will check it anyways...

Motherboard
HP 8300 Tower
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Bought one of these off ebay to make my first hack (microtower with an i7). What I'm wondering is if I can use a twin frozr gtx 660 that I have laying around? Do I need an adapter of some sort to connect the 6pin on my GPU to the power supply? First time building so would appreciate any help.

edit: researching more, seems like there is a method of using a splitter cable from optical drive and recovery drive to a 6pin connection but it seems somewhat sketchy... anyone think that my gpu might draw too much power for the PSU? unless anyone knows more, i might just buy one of the gpus listed in the OP.

you'll hear back from me when i get the pc and mess something up during the install :p

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell 9020
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am having a delay between BIOS screen and Clover GUI. I has not been like this and I cant recall any changes I have made.I installed latest version of Clover but has not made any change. It boots as fast as it has ever been after selection but initial screen comes up ls slower than before.It used to be a coupe of seconds. Any ideas ?!?
I solved it after I un-ticked debug option under the boot section.But I have no idea why it has been an issue all of sudden and whether disabling it might cause a problem in the future.

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just used this guide to do my first hackintosh so thank you very much to those that contributed to ensure nubes like me can follow it and have something up and running :)
Welcome to the tonymacx86 community ! Good to hear of your success.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming ( Wifi AC )
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Welcome to the tonymacx86 community ! Good to hear of your success.

It's so much faster than the Mac Mini 2012 I have currently set up as an iTunes server for other devices. I will try getting my media etc on it over the next few days and then the mac mini might end up on ebay. Crazy that such a cheap PC can out perform the real thing.

Now... I feel the urge to build another now. :D

The only issue I had was that I coulnd't format the drive to GUID by any of the initial methods I tried. It had Win10 on it previously.

So I used this and worked perfectly

Code:
diskutil list
diskutil eraseDisk jhfs+ MyDisk gpt /dev/diskN

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It's so much faster than the Mac Mini 2012 I have currently set up as an iTunes server for other devices. I will try getting my media etc on it over the next few days and then the mac mini might end up on ebay. Crazy that such a cheap PC can out perform the real thing.
It is also really amazing just how compatible these are with macOS. With just a standard install using the tonymac software tools anyone can quickly get a working hackintosh in a few hours. When you get the I7 version the performance is many times better than any Mac Mini you can currently buy. I wrote this guide after I discovered these two things with help from others in the community. What a great value these HP models are at these extremely low prices. As you said a great way for newbies to start out with a first hackintosh.

Motherboard
HP 8300 Elite CMT
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Question, I keep getting a notification there is an nVidia update popup, should I update via this dialog? If not how do I block it from popping it up?

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Question, I keep getting a notification there is an nVidia update popup, should I update via this dialog? If not how do I block it from popping it up?
If the driver you are using now works well don't update as newer ones have been problematic. Go to system preferences and then the Nvidia driver pref panel. Uncheck automatically check for updates and it won't bother you in the future.