Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a delay between BIOS screen and Clover GUI. ....

This sounds a lot like the "POST Delay" option in the HP's UEFI System Setup. It's under the "Advanced Options" menu. It can be set to off, 5 sec, 10 sec, and so on. I have mine set to 5 seconds to give me a better chance of hitting ESC or F10 at the right time.

This sounds a lot like the "POST Delay" option in the HP's UEFI System Setup. It's under the "Advanced Options" menu. It can be set to off, 5 sec, 10 sec, and so on. I have mine set to 5 seconds to give me a better chance of hitting ESC or F10 at the right time.
Thanks for your reply but I havent changed any settings since I have installed the Hackintosh. But I will check it anyways...

Bought one of these off ebay to make my first hack (microtower with an i7). What I'm wondering is if I can use a twin frozr gtx 660 that I have laying around? Do I need an adapter of some sort to connect the 6pin on my GPU to the power supply? First time building so would appreciate any help.

edit: researching more, seems like there is a method of using a splitter cable from optical drive and recovery drive to a 6pin connection but it seems somewhat sketchy... anyone think that my gpu might draw too much power for the PSU? unless anyone knows more, i might just buy one of the gpus listed in the OP.

you'll hear back from me when i get the pc and mess something up during the install :p

Last edited:
I am having a delay between BIOS screen and Clover GUI. I has not been like this and I cant recall any changes I have made.I installed latest version of Clover but has not made any change. It boots as fast as it has ever been after selection but initial screen comes up ls slower than before.It used to be a coupe of seconds. Any ideas ?!?
I solved it after I un-ticked debug option under the boot section.But I have no idea why it has been an issue all of sudden and whether disabling it might cause a problem in the future.

Just used this guide to do my first hackintosh so thank you very much to those that contributed to ensure nubes like me can follow it and have something up and running :)
Welcome to the tonymacx86 community ! Good to hear of your success.

Welcome to the tonymacx86 community ! Good to hear of your success.

It's so much faster than the Mac Mini 2012 I have currently set up as an iTunes server for other devices. I will try getting my media etc on it over the next few days and then the mac mini might end up on ebay. Crazy that such a cheap PC can out perform the real thing.

Now... I feel the urge to build another now. :D

The only issue I had was that I coulnd't format the drive to GUID by any of the initial methods I tried. It had Win10 on it previously.

So I used this and worked perfectly

Code:
diskutil list
diskutil eraseDisk jhfs+ MyDisk gpt /dev/diskN

Last edited:
It's so much faster than the Mac Mini 2012 I have currently set up as an iTunes server for other devices. I will try getting my media etc on it over the next few days and then the mac mini might end up on ebay. Crazy that such a cheap PC can out perform the real thing.
It is also really amazing just how compatible these are with macOS. With just a standard install using the tonymac software tools anyone can quickly get a working hackintosh in a few hours. When you get the I7 version the performance is many times better than any Mac Mini you can currently buy. I wrote this guide after I discovered these two things with help from others in the community. What a great value these HP models are at these extremely low prices. As you said a great way for newbies to start out with a first hackintosh.

1080p Gaming in Windows on the HP 8300 SFF

This video shows you how you can easily play the latest AAA titles with an i5-3470 and a GTX 1050 2GB
Shows the kind of details and settings you can use with popular titles like GTA 5 and even PubG

It's also good to upgrade your ram to at least 8GB for best results. The 1050 Ti 4GB is even better for gaming with.​

Last edited:
Just received my wireless / bluetooth PCIe card and everything seems to work OOB.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bro...32593642745.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.84JlCQ

I had to wait a month to get it, but it works great.

IMG_0513 2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back