Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6300 Pro / HP 8300 Elite - A 100 percent Working and Easily Affordable CustoMac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you can get analog audio, HDMI audio and Airplay mirroring all working seamlessly is something I'd like to know too. I know that since it's so easy to install macOS on these HP systems we expect everything to work just as on a Mac that Apple sells.

7/26 UPDATE: See step #9 of the guide for a working 2.9.0 VoodooHDA kext. Works for HDMI and Analog audio. Airplay mirroring will also work if you enable the integrated graphics.

Last edited:
IMG_0953.PNG
I had everything working, but I tried to boot into Sierra today and at the Apple loading screen it gets to about 75% then the computer shuts itself down. Tried this about four times with the same result. Booting into Win 10 on a separate hard drive works fine. What should I do? Thanks in advance.
Here is a screenshot of the last line before it shuts down...

What kind of hard drive are you using and how old is it ?

It is a Samsung 850 SSD 500GB that is about 6 months old
The verbose info (near the top) says that it is attempting to repair the disk but not succeeding. Then the boot process is halted. The sound assertions near the bottom are not critical.

The verbose info (near the top) says that it is attempting to repair the disk but not succeeding. Then the boot process is halted. The sound assertions near the bottom are not critical.
What do you think the best course of action is? Reformat the SSD and hope to do a clean reinstall? or do you think the disk is done for?

What do you think the best course of action is? Reformat the SSD and hope to do a clean reinstall? or do you think the disk is done for?
You could do that. The other option is to boot from the recovery partition and then run first aid via disk utility.
There is also the Samsung Magician software that could tell you the health of the drive, but that is Windows only.

You could do that. The other option is to boot from the recovery partition and then run first aid via disk utility.
There is also the Samsung Magician software that could tell you the health of the drive, but that is Windows only.

Thanks trs96! I ran the Magician software and it said it was "good" and didn't see any problems physically with it. I also upgraded the firmware to be safe. I'm now in the process of booting from the mac recovery partition, but it is S-L-O-W. I'll let you know how it ends up.

Update #1: Disk Utility First Aid wasn't able to fix the errors on the disk, so I'm now in the process of doing a clean install of Sierra.

Update #2: Followed your awesome guide again, step-by-step, and MacOS is up and running again, easy-peasy. I'm staying on 10.12.1 and holding off on updating to 10.12.5 as it seems to be more stable for the Fenvi card. Thanks so much for your help and work trs96!

Last edited:
Change to the BIOS configuration section of the Guide
Just in case you haven't checked the Guide on page one lately, I've revised Step 3 to make it easier to configure the BIOS. It now shows how to properly restore to Factory Defaults and then only disabling of Serial Port A is required. I also added an optional setting to make the Clover Bootloader screen look normal. Check it out if you've got a minute.

6. Only for Nvidia graphics cards that require the web drivers: The GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti are two examples.

Advanced → Option Rom → Video Option Rom → UEFI Only - Press the F10 key to accept the change. Save and Exit.
Makes your Clover Bootloader screen look normal, not stretched and distorted. If your monitor is 1080p the Clover Bootloader will be displayed at 1080p also.

7. Save changes and exit once you are done changing BIOS settings.

I'm having trouble with a couple of things. I've followed the guide completely using an 8300 with an SSD, gtx1050ti, and the usb wifi adapter. However the ethernet port doesn't work and I can't access the App Store without getting the not recognized error because my usb wifi shows up as EN0, but not built in. Does anyone have any suggestions? It works great besides those two things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back