Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, CodecID = 17 is available for Lilu + AppleALC on HP8000 to HP8200 / 6200
HP 8000, 8100 and 8200 all use ALC261 and not ALC662. I wonder why 662 layout id-17 would work on these ? Do you have it working on your HP 8100 ?

EDIT: Maybe this is the answer ?
Pin-to-pin compatible with ALC88x series, ALC660 series, and ALC26x series audio codecs
Screen_Shot_4.png

ALC662 is 5.1 channel audio, much higher end than what's in HP business desktops.

Screen Shot 6.jpg

Last edited:
HP 8000, 8100 and 8200 all use ALC261 and not ALC662. I wonder why 662 layout id-17 would work on these ? Do you have it working on your HP 8100 ?

I tried to port the Windows7 driver, but the driver actually used was ALC662.
So when I checked AppleLC's ALC662, there was already a dedicated id.

Currently used for HP8100CMT & HP8000 (same disk).

ALC662 is 5.1 channel audio, much higher end than what's in HP business desktops.

Yes, codecid = 16 is also available, where the optical output is displayed, but not available.

Added the AppleALC/Lilu audio method + layout-id 17 to post #1 Credit to: aloha_cn

Also requires Lilu kext installed to /Library/Extensions with kextbeast.

Important: Remove the VoodooHDA kext and AppleHDAdisabler kext before attempting to use AppleALC and Lilu kext for working onboard audio.

Last edited:
@ohgood or anyone else who tries AppleALC and Lilu kexts with audio with layout-id 17 please report back how this method works for you. I no longer have the HP 8200 for testing.

@ohgood or anyone else who tries AppleALC and Lilu kexts with audio with layout-id 17 please report back how this method works for you. I no longer have the HP 8200 for testing.

i'm beginning this process just now. :)

edit:
after removing the previous kexts and installing these, i only had sound via the geforce 710 video card in my television, no devices were available in system prefs. it took a LONG time to boot also, I'm assuming that was from rebuilding kext caches. normal boot is 15 seconds or so, this took 5 minutes.

Last edited:
after removing the previous kexts and installing these, i only had sound via the geforce 710 video card in my television, no devices were available in system prefs. it took a LONG time to boot also, I'm assuming that was from rebuilding kext caches. normal boot is 15 seconds or so, this took 5 minutes.
The CLover used on the HP8100 is r5100, and the OS is 10.12.6.
Uses the latest Lilu + AalleALC available for download now.
id = 17 was added from AplleALC v1.3.4, so please use the latest version.

Desktop will be displayed in about 30 seconds from the start menu of Clover using SSD.

It works with @WEG using RX460, and HDMI and USB Audio are available.

Is there anything I can do to help?

Last edited:
I'm assuming that was from rebuilding kext caches. normal boot is 15 seconds or so, this took 5 minutes.
It probably makes a difference which version of macOS you are on. Catalina has many changes to tighten up security and limits third party kexts. The system volume is now read only. Make sure to run kext utility after installing any kexts. Then reboot.

Hello @trs96, newbie here. I have a pc build with i7 2600, gtx1060, asus p8z77v lx mobo. The mobo is capable of uefi, do i have to make any change when im creating bootable drive or i installed using the guide u shown?
2nd question: so far as im concerned, hd2000 igpu is not working on macos and web driver is needed for pascal card. Do i need to get a compatible gpu in order to install HS into the system?

Hello @trs96, newbie here. I have a pc build with i7 2600, gtx1060, asus p8z77v lx mobo. The mobo is capable of uefi, do i have to make any change when im creating bootable drive or i installed using the guide u shown?
2nd question: so far as im concerned, hd2000 igpu is not working on macos and web driver is needed for pascal card. Do i need to get a compatible gpu in order to install HS into the system?
This should be posted in HS desktop Support as this thread doesn't include Asus Z77 motherboards, only HP Q67 boards.

We apologize and correct the important settings about how to enable AppleALC.
"/ System / Library / Extensions / Apple HPET.kext" is deleted because my HP8100CMT follows the guide of @VioletDragon.

Check ACPI-> Fixes-> FixHPET in config.plist and try it out.

Is it as follows with @trs96 setting?
FixHPET.png

When it works, it will be displayed below, please complain to the person who made it,

HP8100Sout.png

HP8100Sin.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back