Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is what I do, but not optimal. I have a CSR v4.0 dongle, but it keeps on disconnecting. Is there a particular driver to install?

I did a search for the CSR v4.0 and hackintosh, and got a mix of results, none of which were a good indication of strong current support.

If everything else is working well, I’d say it’d be worth looking into the latest adapters that everyone’s talking about :)

I did a search for the CSR v4.0 and hackintosh, and got a mix of results, none of which were a good indication of strong current support.

If everything else is working well, I’d say it’d be worth looking into the latest adapters that everyone’s talking about :)
I had it perfectly working before I had to re-install from scratch. I did search at that time and found (but can't find it again) here that CSR4 was working great. Same Hardware, but now, not working anymore... I can't listen to nothing now, and the mouse behavior is "keep on disconnecting". I suspect to be a USB issue rather than Bluetooth but can't find a solution.. Help would be warmly welcomed :)

Core i5-2400 HP 8200 SFF for $75 at newegg
This is a good deal for a refurbished HP desktop that you can hackintosh by following this guide. Make sure to buy a HS or Mojave compatible graphics card (Low Profile) if you want to run macOS on this.

https://www.newegg.com/p/1VK-001E-3JFF4?Description=HP%20Compaq%20Elite%208200%20Desktop%20SFF%20i5&cm_re=HP_Compaq_Elite_8200_Desktop_SFF_i5-_-9SIA6A3A282684-_-Product

Here are two very good GT 710 2GB choices to add in for compatible graphics for this HP 8200. You will simply remove the VGA connector and install the LP bracket (included) so that this fits in the HP 8200 SFF. Also remember to use the iMac 14,2 system definition if installing High Sierra or Mojave. This SMBIOS will also work for Catalina if you upgrade to that in 2020.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Last edited:
I hoped that it solved it, but no. It is a bit better but still issues. Still looking for a solution.
The HP 8200 doesn't have any USB 3.0 ports onboard. There is also no reason to apply the PMheart patch for a port limit.
All 10 of the USB ports are the 2.0 variety. Well under the 15 port limit set by Apple.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
i just replaced two mac minis with hp 8200's, and it's been very easy thanks to this guide. thank you all for your information !

could someone point me to an audio tutorial ? i have a decent amount of static coming through green-line-out on my hp 6200 running high sierra. the other 6200 and 8300 don't seem to have the issue, but any volume setting above 30% produces a constant HISSSS noise.

thanks !

could someone point me to an audio tutorial ? i have a decent amount of static coming through green-line-out on my hp 6200 running high sierra. the other 6200 and 8300 don't seem to have the issue, but any volume setting above 30% produces a constant HISSSS noise.
If you are using Voodoo HDA for audio that is a common problem. You can either use a USB audio adapter or try to get AppleALC + Lilu combination working with ALC261 audio. ALC269 is fully supported by AppleALC kext but I'm not really sure if they ever added ALC261 support. EDIT: Looks like ALC261 support has been added to AppleALC.kext. You simply need that and Lilu and then inject audio layout-id 17 for it to work.

These always work reliably and no drivers need to be installed.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRVQ0F8/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
If you are using Voodoo HDA for audio that is a common problem. You can either use a USB audio adapter or try to get AppleALC + Lilu combination working with ALC261 audio.
Currently, CodecID = 17 is available for Lilu + AppleALC on HP8000 to HP8200 / 6200.

For HP8300 / 6300, it is not a dedicated id, but CodecID = 11 or 15 can be used.

Please use after removing all kext and efi related to VoodooHDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back