Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused - to Hackintosh it, do I have to start with Sierra? Or can I start with Mojave?
The guide was written in 2017 when Sierra was the newest macOS release version. You can start with Mojave.
Do you have a compatible graphics card ? The i5-2400 HD2000 graphics won't work.

Will the ASUS EN210 in the Guide still work? I was gonna get one on Ebay for $15-20

Will the ASUS EN210 in the Guide still work? I was gonna get one on Ebay for $15-20
Not with Mojave. You would need to spend a little more to get the GT 710 instead. If you want a Quadro K600 that will work but only has DP output, not HDMI. You'd need an adapter. Those sell for about $23 on Ebay. Make sure it is a K version and not a plain Quadro 600 which will not work.

The guide was written in 2017 when Sierra was the newest macOS release version. You can start with Mojave.
Do you have a compatible graphics card ? The i5-2400 HD2000 graphics won't work.

Also, when I go to the App Store to search "macOS Mojave", nothing comes back except a few small utilities. I have my App Store filter set to "Any" and "All".. it should be showing "everything"

thanks, it's downloading now to my Mac Mini.

OK this is getting frustrating. I let the Mini download the 6GB file overnight. I checked this morning and my Mini says that the download was DELETED because I didn’t need it, my Mac was already at that patch level !?!? I have no 6GB Mojave installation file on my computer. What did I miss?

I checked this morning and my Mini says that the download was DELETED because I didn’t need it, my Mac was already at that patch level
Apple has done things like this before. Give it another try and close the installer right after the download finishes. After you make the USB installer you can zip up the Mojave install app and save it somewhere safe.

Apple has done things like this before. Give it another try and close the installer right after the download finishes. After you make the USB installer you can zip up the Mojave install app and save it somewhere safe.

OK I started the download, waited for 2 hours to get the 6GB file.... when the App Store switched from saying "downloading" to "installing update", I closed the installer. I had trouble finding the file, but using a Terminal window and the "du -sh" command I eventually discovered the Update in a folder called /Library/Updates/061-21551.

There are five (5) files in this folder:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 root wheel 8720 Oct 8 09:31 061-21551.English.dist
-rw-r--r--@ 1 root wheel 678 Oct 8 09:31 061-21551.English.extraInfo
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 11603307 Oct 8 09:31 InstallAssistantAuto.pkg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 5544742731 Oct 8 11:16 InstallESDDmg.pkg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 481976628 Oct 8 09:48 RecoveryHDMetaDmg.pkg

Can I use Unibeast to create my USB installation from one/all of these?

Thanks

Last edited:
OK I started the download, waited for 2 hours to get the 6GB file.... when the App Store switched from saying "downloading" to "installing update", I closed the installer.
The installer should be in applications, not sure why it's not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back