Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, I followed the nice tutorial but still have an issue on sleep. I use a magic mouse and Apple BT KB through a CSR BT dongle. I had all working before but had to reinstall all. Now, when it goes on sleep, I can't wake it from either touching the keyboard or the mouse. What did I miss?

when it goes on sleep, I can't wake it from either touching the keyboard or the mouse. What did I miss?
It's a common problem with Mojave 10.14.6 even with "real" Macs. Have you tried a wired keyboard ? Does a press and release of the power button wake it ?

Last edited:
It's a common problem with Mojave 10.14.6 even with "real" Macs. Have you tried a wired keyboard ? Does a press and release of the power button wake it ?
I should have said that I followed the High Sierra tutorial on the Elite pro 8200. I had it working first (install firstly done 1 year ago) and all was working fine. Last week I had an issue and I had to reinstall everything. Since then sleep=restart. I think I missed something but can't find what.

I should have said that I followed the High Sierra tutorial on the Elite pro 8200. I had it working first (install firstly done 1 year ago) and all was working fine. Last week I had an issue and I had to reinstall everything. Since then sleep=restart. I think I missed something but can't find what.
This is why it's always best to clone the drive once it's working perfectly. Put it back in place when the original install drive has problems and it's like nothing happened.

This is why it's always best to clone the drive once it's working perfectly. Put it back in place when the original install drive has problems and it's like nothing happened.
once it will work i will do this. For now, I'm looking for the sleep solution

hello, i still have the sleep issue, i setup the computer to never sleep in order to have only the monitor sleeping. I'm also experiencing issues with the magic mouse which keeps on disconnecting, most of all when I move the mouse up to another place. It is a High Sierra using clover. I might have missed a step, we can't understand which one. Could someone help me please? Thanks a lot

hello, i still have the sleep issue, i setup the computer to never sleep in order to have only the monitor sleeping. I'm also experiencing issues with the magic mouse which keeps on disconnecting, most of all when I move the mouse up to another place. It is a High Sierra using clover. I might have missed a step, we can't understand which one. Could someone help me please? Thanks a lot

How about this setting?
Screen Shot 2019-10-02 at 21.47.12.png

Hi, I just obtained a HP 6200 Pro with the i5-2400 in it. I am confused - to Hackintosh it, do I have to start with Sierra? Or can I start with Mojave? I have a Late 2014 Mac Mini running Mojave. When I click on the link in the guide to get Sierra from the App Store, the App Store won't let me download it because it says there is a newer version available (Catalina).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back