Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks and also just a quick question would this guide work with Mojave?
Not with your 750 Ti. No driver support. Give High Sierra a try and get that working first.

So I would not need to get it from the HP Website
Put the .BIN file on a cleanly formatted FAT32 USB. Put it in a USB port and boot up while pressing the esc key. Follow the BIOS flash directions in the guide.

i will get this working on the week end

I did the bios update and it succeeded and now i am ready to do my hackintosh thanks trs96

Hi admin.
Need a little help. I followed the guide and managed to install MacOS Mojave today with one issue. The system recognises my graphics card (GT 710) but I don't have any acceleration (see the dock). What could be the issue?
I have attached the relevant problem reporting files.

Many thanks.

I have the same system and am currently on 10.13.6 (latest version of High Sierra). What process did you do to upgrade to Mojave?

I have the same system and am currently on 10.13.6 (latest version of High Sierra). What process did you do to upgrade to Mojave?
Download Mojave from the App Store and run the installer app. Make sure to update Clover and kexts before you do the update.

Unrelated to the hackintoshing but related to the computer its on, on reboot I just started getting "1720 SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure. Failing Drive: SATA0 (Dark Blue) Failing Attribute: #00". I'm not sure yet if its a drive problem or a port. Reading online it looks like it could also be the disk cache device triggering the error. Just wondering if anyone else on here has had to troubleshoot the same error on the HP 6200 pro and what my steps should be.

I'm not sure yet if its a drive problem or a port.
Sounds like a drive that is failing to me. Replace immediately. At least back up your data somewhere safe first.

Sounds like a drive that is failing to me. Replace immediately. At least back up your data somewhere safe first.

Digging more...its my SSD that is receiving the SMART status error. My HDD is reporting that its fine. My machine is less than a year old. Is it odd that the SSD would be failing after this length of time? And yes I do have a backup already :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back