Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to use an i7-3770 on an 8200?
Possible but not recommended. CPU PM problems.
If you want to use an i7-3770 get a Dell Optiplex 7010 or 9010 they work well. Prices are good. Try Ebay.

Also, would this guide work on an HP Compaq Pro 4300
Those have the H61 chipset so again, I wouldn't use this for a Hackintosh. The same things apply to the Optiplex 3010.

Hi to all! :) FYI, I just added an USB sound card and there is no latency using GarageBand with a MIDI keyboard!

I have a GT640 graphics card, what should I change from this tutorial to install Mojave?

I have a GT640 graphics card, what should I change from this tutorial to install Mojave?
The 640 should have native support if it's one of the Kepler based 640s. If not you'd want to use something else.
Find out whether yours is a Kepler edition, GK 107/208 core. If it is just connect to the HDMI output and follow the guide.

The 640 should have native support if it's one of the Kepler based 640s. If not you'd want to use something else.
Find out whether yours is a Kepler edition, GK 107/208 core. If it is just connect to the HDMI output and follow the guide.
how to find out if it's a kepler edition or not?
my HDMI output is damaged can I use VGA or DVI ports?
is the guide is the same no changes?
and for clover should I choose UEFI or continue with Legacy?

I have successfully installed Mojave on my HP 6200 Pro includes Quadro k600 graphics card using the same tutorial but using multibease for Mojave and change iMac to 14.2

Hi I was wondering if there was anyway to control the fan speed? It can get a bit noisy

Hi I was wondering if there was anyway to control the fan speed? It can get a bit noisy
There is a BIOS setting to lower the speeds. You can also install new Arctic PWM fans if yours need replacement.

Thanks I also just updated to high Sierra security update 2019-003 and now my Nvdia drivers are no longer working. Any idea how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back