Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a strange problem I've install MacOSX Sierra on HP 6200 Pro + MSI GT710 without any trouble, but after restart I have a responsive system but with black screen, the pc is connected to my monitor with VGA cable (not have an HDMI monitor) only way to see screen is use nv_disable on boot option... anyone can help me???

attach my config.plist and boot.log
Go back and read what the guide says about using VGA.
If your monitor is VGA only then get a DP or HDMI to VGA adapter and use that instead.

Last edited:
Go back and read what the guide says about using VGA.
If your monitor is VGA only then get a DP or HDMI to VGA adapter and use that instead.
cannot use DVI-D output with GT710 and Sierra?

cannot use DVI-D output with GT710 and Sierra?
Yes, you can, that is a digital output and is supported. You can't use a direct VGA to VGA analog connection.

Yes, you can, that is a digital output and is supported. You can't use a direct VGA to VGA analog connection.
I've bought an DVI-D to VGA adapter for my monitor but still have a black screen :'( system boot only with nv_disable=1

I've bought an DVI-D to VGA adapter for my monitor but still have a black screen :'( system boot only with nv_disable=1
I suggested to use HDMI to VGA because that tends to work better. DVI to VGA doesn't always work. DP to VGA is the best choice but your 710 doesn't have that.

I suggested to use HDMI to VGA because that tends to work better. DVI to VGA doesn't always work. DP to VGA is the best choice but your 710 doesn't have that.
Damn, I had to talk to you first and then buy the adapter xD

ehy @trs96 after buyed an HDMI to VGA adapter on amazon my HP 6200 Pro works well, i've only the last question, you attach 2 aml file on your post one for i3-2100 and one for i5-2400 but i have a i3-2120 i can use the i3-2100 file??? or exist another file to install on clover configuration???

tnx a lot for your guide!!! :D

ehy @trs96 after buyed an HDMI to VGA adapter on amazon my HP 6200 Pro works well, i've only the last question, you attach 2 aml file on your post one for i3-2100 and one for i5-2400 but i have a i3-2120 i can use the i3-2100 file??? or exist another file to install on clover configuration???

tnx a lot for your guide!!! :D
Great to hear, you'll need to create your own SSDT.aml for that CPU if you want CPU PM. Just use the Piker Alpha script to create it. Then add it to Clover/ACPI/patched folder.

@trs96 you can add also Mojave on the list for HP 6200 Pro :D installed without a problem :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Last edited:
Hi,

I created the USB stick, but it's not recognised among the legacy drives :( Could you help me pls.?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back