Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP 6200 Pro / 8200 Elite SFF Desktop - macOS Sierra / High Sierra Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8300 is less expensive if you can get one with an HD4000 CPU. Then you don't need to pay 40-50 for a GT 710. The HD 4000 graphics have full support in Mojave. Just get a cheap DP to HDMI adapter and that's all you need.

The i3-3225 works well and only costs about 30 USD on Ebay. You can also buy a barebones HP 8300 and install that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Compaq-...Delivery!53590!US!-1:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

Or just get one of these and replace the Pentium CPU with an i3-3225.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-COMPAQ-...b:g:2t8AAOSwZs1bzfQ-:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true
Yeah, I think I'll go with that. Thank you so much for your help on this. I'm going to see if I can find an 8300 with the HD4000 already so I won't have to swap too many parts. If not then I'll go refer to the CPU list you've made in the 8300 guide.

This guide worked for me earlier this year but I can't seem to get to the USB boot-loader, F9 boot list shows the USB but I end up being booted back into windows, note: the GPU isn't installed yet as I just want to get the USB working first. I'm already on the latest BIOS, I set BIOS defaults and then adjust them according to this guide but still nothing :/

I do remember the last time it worked, the PC just randomly recognized the USB after so many restarts.

This guide worked for me earlier this year but I can't seem to get to the USB boot-loader, F9 boot list shows the USB but I end up being booted back into windows, note: the GPU isn't installed yet as I just want to get the USB working first. I'm already on the latest BIOS, I set BIOS defaults and then adjust them according to this guide but still nothing :/

I do remember the last time it worked, the PC just randomly recognized the USB after so many restarts.
Disconnect the Sata cable from the Windows drive first and then try booting from USB.

Disconnect the Sata cable from the Windows drive first and then try booting from USB.

Thanks, any idea on how to get fullscreen res on the bootloader? my monitor is 1920x1080

Hello

First of all. thanks for making it easy.

i have installed sierra 10.12.6 and i am using a msi gt710. i am having some issues with the gpu. i can only get it to boot using nv_disable=1 then i only shows up as having 7mb of vram

if any one could help me that would be great.

also how do you down load high sierra when i do it, it only downloads a 20mb installer and unibeast wont work with that

thanks

dan

Hello

First of all. thanks for making it easy.

i have installed sierra 10.12.6 and i am using a msi gt710. i am having some issues with the gpu. i can only get it to boot using nv_disable=1 then i only shows up as having 7mb of vram

if any one could help me that would be great.

also how do you down load high sierra when i do it, it only downloads a 20mb installer and unibeast wont work with that

thanks

dan

Have a look at that link if you want full installer - worked for me every time.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cted-mac-os-x-installer-is-incomplete.249330/

When you boot into sierra you need to install Nvidia web drivers for your card and then reboot with nvda_drv=1

Hello thanks for your reply

I have managed to install high Sierra now and every thing works fine. Thanks

I'm going to see if I can find an 8300 with the HD4000 already so I won't have to swap too many parts.
Ive found several cheap (£25-30) 8300's being sold on ebay with very low powered processors and 2GB of ram, where the sellers have cannibalised the machines and sold the original cpu and memory separately. I think its worth keeping an eye out for just the processor you want as that seems to be the harder thing to find.

I seem to have everything working except bluetooth adapter (cheap rockfish)
With your 8200 I don't know but on my HP8300 bluetooth is working with an ASUS BT400, very cheap, OOB; just don't forget to disconnect usb mouse and keyboard.

Edit: keyboard and trackpad only connect at login; don't work on boot.

Last edited:
I have a strange problem I've install MacOSX Sierra on HP 6200 Pro + MSI GT710 without any trouble, but after restart I have a responsive system but with black screen, the pc is connected to my monitor with VGA cable (not have an HDMI monitor) only way to see screen is use nv_disable on boot option... anyone can help me???

attach my config.plist and boot.log

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    25.8 KB · Views: 70
  • config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 193
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back